zCar Show 2007 002.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 772
  • zCar Show 2007 036_A.jpg
    zCar Show 2007 036_A.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 745
  • zCar Show 2007 038.jpg
    zCar Show 2007 038.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 726
I think I’ve just soiled myself. What can I say about this car that hasn’t already been said?

Cheers,
Danny

HILLY

Supporter
Moths to the flame.......​

Attachments

• zCar Show 2007 044.jpg
    zCar Show 2007 044.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 902
  • zCar Show 2007 046.jpg
    zCar Show 2007 046.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 838
  • zCar Show 2007 051.jpg
    zCar Show 2007 051.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 875
Peter

Good to see you've got the 40 out charming the locals.
Am I blind? I can't see any exhaust tips in car show photo

loving the look of this RF! movement & sound would be sweet to see and hear.

How long do you reckon a mono will take to build?

cheers

HILLY

Supporter
Stu,
I tried to stay away from the high maintenance accessories but like all good 'blisters' they appear after the hard work is done!!

As for the mono I have no real expectations at the moment. I am still in the early stages of research and planning and there is a lot of sorting to do before I have an accurate understanding of the whole project. At the moment I am gathering information and collecting components along the way as they become available. Ultimately I'd say that it will be sum of time + money + finding the correct parts.

Hi Peter,
Hows the car going? getting a few km's racked up??? Any teething issues?
Any performance mods been done??
Great looking car, its a credit to you!
Regards, Gus.

HILLY

Supporter
Hi Gus,
I love the car mate, it came together very well.
The only difficulty that I have had has been with the DC & O manifold. Trying to get someone who can actually tune these things properly via the Motec has been difficult. It is running clean but is a little rich at the moment.
Unfortunately between work, family and new project commitments I have not spent enough time in it at all and further more have not developed it any further. Hopefully that will change in time but when the new project gets into full swing I may even look at moving this one on. Still deliberating on that prospect. Until then I'll just need to make a bit more time to spend in it.
Cheers for now.
Peter

Hi Peter,

you're car looks fantastic, no wonder the girls are all over it !

was your manifold purchased from RF1 or direct from DC&O ?

RF1 and RF2 made/make significant changes to the "as recieved" product to make them work properly. Obviously if it is simply rich it's a tuning issue but if you have missfire/poor idle and or poor drivability it may be an unmodified unit perhaps ?

There were 2 different types available, 1 is modifiable and the other you don't quite get the same end result from the mods but you can make good improvements anyway (per Burns' if you've talked to him)

Regards Paul

HILLY

Supporter
Hi Paul,
The unit was originally supplied by RF1.
Is there any way to identify the types of manifold.
I have not spoken to burns for some time but he did have similar issues and I will have to catch up with him to see how he has progressed.
In it's current state in runs reasonably well. It is when it is leaned out that the backfire etc becomes evident.

Back