Roll bar helmet pad wanted.

I've seen steering wheel pads used, but I'd like something a little more bespoke. I believe the roll bar section to be used is 1.25". Thanks for the help in advance.

Joe,
If you google Roll bar padding you wil find infinite sources of safe and not so safe padding. Go here:
w.rallylights.com/BSCI_Roll_Cage_Padding.aspx

This will give you a quick course on what you want. If you have a cage I would advise the FIA stuff. There is a little softer padding called holomagated(sp?) that is a combination of the sfi and the FIA. If you can't find it Google BSCI padding. Your head will thank you. Search here on the forum and you should find at least 1 or 2 threads about it.

Bill

Thanks Bill, however I think I need to do a better job of describing what I need. Roll bar padding is not quite what I was looking for (though I will still use it elsewhere...). I want the pad that goes behind the drivers helmet (think headrest). The photo below shows what I want; except that it clamps to the diagonal crossbar of the rollover protection in my car (as shown in the photo of my car in trailer).

Attachments

• 67_McLaren_M6-A1_DV-06_08.jpg
    67_McLaren_M6-A1_DV-06_08.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3562.jpg
    IMG_3562.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Joe,
If you run out of ideas for where to source the pads, you may have to make what you want. A good interior shop could knock it out for you. Some of the seat makers have helmet pads built into their seats, but that would be a high seat, which would change the look a lot.

Bill

Back