Rollbar measurements on chassis

Hi.

I am trying to fit my rollbar to my gtforte chassi without having the speider yet.
Do anyone have the exact measurements of the rollbar.
If any have the measurement from the chassis to the top of the rollbar in straight up line that would be great.
Thanks in advance for any help.
kristian

Kristian, please read on this Forum GT40TECH - Chassis, Brakes etc -" ROLL CAGE QUESTION " , this might ( should ) give you some insight into the advisability of fitting roll bars into a GT40. Frank

Kristian, please read on this Forum GT40TECH - Chassis, Brakes etc -" ROLL CAGE QUESTION " , this might ( should ) give you some insight into the advisability of fitting roll bars into a GT40. Frank
Hi.
I am not going to fitt a full rollcage , just the rollbar that is a integrated piece of the firewall against the engine bay. I have toght of full rollcage earlier but have skipped it for the reasons discussed earlier in the thread.
Kristian

Hi Kristian, did you get the gtforte roll cage dimensions that you were after, lm building one at the moment and l might be able to help you.
Cheers Tony

Hi Kristian
There was long time ago René doing an excellent build using a body from the same brand you stated and he was so kind to share the drawings he did to build his chassis ( drawings where published on the forum and he very friendly autorised anyone to use those)
When he received his body he had to modify lot of tubes position to match to the body including angle of that what you name "rollbar"
and again he was publishing drawings with modified dimensions to help all the thread followers .....
these are below the drawings he posted so kindly
I had the opportunity ( Lockdown time left !!!!! :rolleyes: )to redraw all (thanks to René autorisation) in order to include new position given by his built and watching the pics of all details he posted when car started to be achieved
So below there are also some indications that could be usefull for your build ( Of course all those are only indications and you have to be aware
that the best is always to have the body in hand to secure all tubes positions !!!!!!!!;))
Hope this helps and don't hesitate to post some pics of your ongoing work .... we will love to watch some !!!!:p:p:p:p

Attachments

• Chassis drawing revised May 2011 body.pdf
    793 KB · Views: 276
  • Assemblage complet.JPG
    Assemblage complet.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 200
  • Arceau assemblé.JPG
    Arceau assemblé.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Arceau assemblé.PDF
    15.9 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the drawings and explenation. I have fixed it acording to the gtforte drawings, but i have bought a body from a different Supplier. So i guess i have to redoo something to make it fit. I will be delivered the body i early february, so i am very exited to see how much work it will be.

Back