round headlights?

I guess Fran and I are the only ones with "BAD TASTE". I love those round holes on the RED mark I. That's what happens when you get a boy from Oakland owning a GTD (in fact it will have a boom box in it as well)
grin.gif

Perry, I would realy like to have your oval head light covers
shocked.gif

I am in California, USA. Can you give me an Idea what the postage cost would be?

Thanks,

[email protected]

Sold to member 561 !! or should I say given to, I will work out the cost of postage and let you know.
I still think they look better with twin lights perhaps I should buy a MK3.
Now can I intrest anyone in a tow-hitch for a Forty !! that too had to go as-well as the Newbury Mafia made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
cool.gif

Regards
Ian

G

SDP, some of the guys from England will tell you that the ONLY place you can put rear view mirrors is on the front clip just behind the the fuel cap openings and of type shown below only: (Photo of "Yellow Peril" thanks to Frank Catt)
IMG_0621.JPG

Truth be known, I have seen the mirrors put in every conceivable location on real and replicas. They have not all been the same style either. My advice: put them where you like them and let everyone else pound sand. (And, I mean that in the nicest way possible ;-)

"Authentic" is nice, but if you are going to drive your GT40 (any make) on the street you dam well better put your mirrors where you can see behind you. That will vary with your height and position in the car as well as your rear fender configuratu\ion.

To Lynn Larsen:
Thanks for the clues on the side mirrors. I have seen quite a few examples where mirrors are mounted as shown on the yellow car pictured. Given the proximity to the filler caps, it seems to add much clutter to the car's haunches. I have never tried to use mirrors mounted in this spot, so I can't comment on visibility. Maybe someone will comment on whether one can actually SEE anything with the mirrors in this position.

So far, to me the best looking (albeit a bit too futuristic for my taste) example of an unobtrusive and practical mirror is shown on a silver model that appears on this web address: http://www.gt40uk.com/images/gallery/003.jpg
I'll attempt to paste the photo but will likely fail so you can see it there if interested.
Thanks for the info.
003.jpg

Everyone, what you have to remember is that now SVA is upon us in the UK we have to either make some mock-ups for the test and play afterwards, or put the mirros in a place where they can be adjusted from the inside. I have heard that you can use RX7 mirrors and they look quite good.

Hey Hershal,
Did you encounter any problems plaing the electric into the loom? I would like to go this way (even though its a long way off). Think your car looks wicked.
cool.gif

Hersh:

Thanks for posting my new screensaver. Awesome.
Anyone know of one of these for sale (used) in Southern California????

Thanks SDP,
I'm very happy that you like my GT that much that you would display it to where you would look at it alot. Sorry, but I don't know of any for sale at this time but I'll keep my eyes open for you.

About the mirrors, if you get these mirrors from the RX7, please make sure that you obtain the control switch and all of the wiring and connectors from the donor. This makes the stallation into your GT alot easier. Then all is needed is to run a power wire and one ground.

Hersh
smile.gif

Back