Ryan Ellis on Discovery

Found this out on Youtube on Ryan Ellis. A nice piece from the Discovery Channel. Hope he has a few more dates with the SLC in 2014!?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0JxK7-AkCI]Ryan Ellis - Discovery Channel Piece - YouTube[/ame]

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ryan Ellis sat at the head of the time sheets yesterday while testing the NASCAR trucks....first time running such a race car but he took to it like a duck to water...

He headed the timesheets for most of the afternoon...

Well done Ryan......

Daytona Beach, FL: Ryan Ellis passes Rookie Superspeedway Testing, now cleared for 2014 Daytona race
NASCAR officials formally announced today that Ryan Ellis has successfully completed Superspeedway Rookie Evaluations and is now cleared to compete in the 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series, (NNS) race on Feb 22nd at Daytona International Raceway.
During the two-day "NASCAR Pre Season Thunder" event this past weekend the 24 year old Virginian ran dozens of laps on Daytona's fabled high banks at speeds approaching 200 mph, drafting with Series regulars and several former Daytona 500 Champions. NASCAR Legends Bill Elliott and Rusty Wallace were among those sharing the track with Ellis , but it was former Daytona 500 Champion Derrike Cope with whom Ellis partnered with for much of his drafting runs. "The Preseason Thunder was a tremendous experience, I really learned alot and feel much better prepared for racing on the high banks here next month", declared Ellis. "My thanks to Rick Ware and his entire team for a great job. It was especially nice to see all the loyal NASCAR fans come out and enjoy hanging out with us".
Ellis drove the #23 Rick Ware Racing Ford for the tests, (carrying weekend sponsorship from the Chicago-based advertising firm of Schafer, Condon and Carter), and now both Ellis and Ware are actively seeking sponsorship to run the February Nationwide Series event.
In 2012 Ryan began competing part-time in the NNS - North America's second most popular professional racing series, (second only to NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series), making the commitment in late 2013 to pursue his life-long dream to become a full-time NASCAR driver. With today's announcement Ellis, an accomplished Grand AM professional road racer, completes the NASCAR certification process for oval tracks and now has the sanctioning bodies' accreditation to join the NNS series on a full-time basis.
Rick Ware Racing was founded in 1994 and is led by veteran racer and team owner Rick Ware. Based in Thomasville, North Carolina, they have fielded cars in NASCAR's Camping World Truck Series, the Nationwide Series and the Sprint Cup Series in addition to AMA and X Games Motocross Series.
For more information about Ryan Ellis, see: http://ryanellismotorsports.com/
For more information about Rick Ware Racing, see: http://wareracing.net/

Attachments

• ryan daytona.jpg
    ryan daytona.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Wow, a Superlite car ad on Ryan's stock car.

Fran is there a NASCAR project behind more closed doors?

Attachments

• slc nascar.jpg
    slc nascar.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 172

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Cam , we ran Superlitecars on a few NATIONWIDE race last season.

Breaking news...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 17, 2014

CONCORD, NC: Ryan Ellis signs with Jim Rosenblum/ FDNY Racing for 2014 NCWTS Tour

It was announced today that FDNY Racing has signed rising NASCAR star Ryan Ellis to drive their #28 Chevy Silverado for the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, (NCWTS) campaign. The veteran team plans to compete in selected NCWTS events, including the Series' first race on Feb 21st at Daytona International Raceway.

Earlier this week Ellis tested the team's Chevy Silverado at Daytona during the "NASCAR Pre Season Thunder" event and the 24 year old Virginian displayed talent immediately - running a lap in excess of 186 mph and putting the bright red #28 FDNY racetruck at the top of the speed charts for much of the first day's afternoon time trials. Ellis had never been in a NCWTS truck before that day, and in fact had run his first laps of any kind on Daytona's fabled high banks just 2 days before. Thrilled, FDNY team principles moved quickly to sign Ryan later that evening. "Driving for the FDNY Team is a tremendous honor, not only from a racing standpoint but because of everything they stand for", explained Ellis. "Being chosen by Jim and his organization to represent the 9-11 cause and the brave FDNY/NYPD first responders is definitely one of the high points of my life. I am truly humbled".

The FDNY Race Team, led by veteran NASCAR owner Jim Rosenblum, was formed in the wake of the 9-11 tragedy as a way to honor first responders and a means to help support their families. The FDNY race team members are all volunteers who pay their own expenses and all proceeds from the team's operations are donated to the Uniformed Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund.

An accomplished Grand AM professional road racer, Ellis began competing part-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2012, making the commitment in late 2013 to pursue his life-long dream to become a full-time NASCAR driver. Ellis is well on his way down that path for 2014, competing in both the NCWTS with FDNY Racing, as well as the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

For more information about FDNY Racing, see: http://fdnyracing.com/

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Looks like Ryan is going to be busy during the 2014 Speedweek as he now also has a drive in the Nationwide series DRIVE4COPD300

Good luck Ryan...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 3, 2014
Las Vegas, NV: Ryan Ellis signs NASCAR Nationwide deal for 2014 - beginning at Las Vegas with sponsor Superlite Cars
SR2 Motorsports announced here today that Ryan Ellis has been signed to their 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series, (NNS) program. Ellis will be serve as the Team’s resident driver, doing testing and race driving for SR2 owner Jason Sciavicco. The full extent of Ellis' program will depend on their ongoing sponsorship searches, but plans are in place for a number of 2014 races . His first 2014 event for SR2 will be this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the Boyd Gaming 300 on Saturday March 8. He’ll be driving the team’s #24 Toyota Camry and will be sponsored at the event by Superlite Cars, a Michigan-based manufacturer of exotic street and race cars.
Ellis ran five NNS races with SR2 in 2013, and quickly became a favorite of fans and crew members alike. With today’s announcement comes the certainty that he’ll be racing much more this year, as the 24 year old sets out for what will be his most ambitious year ever in NASCAR. “I’m happy to be back racing with SR2 and Toyota this year,” explained Ryan. “It’s really what I had hoped for all last off-season. Jason is a great guy and I am truly honored that he has brought me back and into this expanded role on his team.” Ellis will likely be assigned driving duties in both the SR2 Motorsports #24 and #00 Toyota Camry’s over the course of the season, as the Team looks to build on the last several years of experience in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Sciavicco added, “We are really excited to have Ryan as a part of our program this year. He showed a tremendous amount of talent last year and is a very likeble young man who is committed to this sport. We have big plans going forward, and Ryan is now positioned to be a major part of them. “
Ryan’s 2014 program actually began in February at Daytona Beach International Speedway in Jim Rosenblum’s FDNY #28 Chevy Silverado, which Ellis drove from a 34th starting position to a solid 18th place finish in the season-opening NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event. He'll continue driving for the part-time FDNY Truck program throughout 2014, with 3 more races in the works. But it was in the NASCAR Nationwide series where the Virginian first impressed many NASCAR observers last season. Ellis is a veteran of Grand AM professional road racing, where he was 2011 CTSCC ST Rookie of the Year and went on to finish 3rd in the series Championship. He is also the factory race driver for Superlite Cars of Frasier, MI, where he pilots 700 horsepower Prototypes in National competition.
For more information about Superlite Cars, see: SuperLite Cars Made in the USA, Engineered to Win on the Street and Track by Race Car Replicas
For more information about SR2 Motorsports, see: SR2 Motorsports > Home

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am looking forward to seeing what Ryan does this weekend...the Car is fully loaded with SLC and Superlite graphics so I hope we get some TV time too...

I know Ryan had a great time in the truck at Daytona ,especially the "rubbing" door handles with Ron Hornaday at close to 200mph...

Way to go Ryan. He moved up 15 spots from qualifying. I just hope he doesnt forget about us little SL-C people.

I only saw Nascar on his web site. Does he have any SLC/LMP races scheduled?

Back