Safe jacking points on a GTD40

I've just acquired a GTD40 and would be grateful if someone could let me know the safe jacking points or areas on the car underside? A diagram or photo would be really great if possible. Thanks!

Mike Pass

Supporter
The best place to jack up your GTD is in the centre of the chassis where the lower arms join the centre of the chassis at the front or rear..Remember when you jack up the rear there is nothing to stop it rolling so chock the front wheels. Do not go under the car until is resting on some good axle stands - not the jack. The axle stands can be placed either side of the jack under the ends of the thick chassis cross member where the wishbones join.
If you need any GTD info drop me a PM via this page
Cheers
Mike

These are from my build ! I had a lot of experience putting mine up and down on Jack stands. The best advice I can give you is do it in steps not all the way up in one attempt! Also make sure you put your 1st set in perpendicular to the frame that way when you raise the other end your not pivoting on just one leg of the tee on top of your jack stands !!!

Attachments

• SSCN0021(1).JPG
    SSCN0021(1).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 182
  • SSCN0019(1).JPG
    SSCN0019(1).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 184
Mike, Bob, many thanks for your help and photos! Now I have no excuse not to take the wheels off to clean them. Thanks Mike I will get in touch with any GTD specific questions.
Vaughan

Back