Saw my first 40 today

I was comming home from Big Boys Toys in New Zealand and i saw a red GT40 with the number 4 on it, it had the licence plate 'I GT40 I'. This post is kinda pointless, but now i know why all of you love your 40's soo much, seeing a real 40 even if it is a replica is 10 times better than seeing a picture of one, and has made me want one so much more. INHO the best car in the world, ever!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree Jamie. As good as the GT40 looks in a picture, it does not come close to seeing one for real. I too had decided that I was going to own one some day having only ever seen a picture. But seeing one for real galvanised the wish and it soon became reality.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Jamie, you just brought back memories of my first experience with a GT40.

I must confess with much embarrassment that had you stuck a picture of GT40 in front of me six years ago and asked what car it was, all I could have said was ‘it’s beautiful but I have no idea’. Being in my late 40’s and unlike most here, I do not have the privileged to say that the GT40 has been my childhood dream car.

But, thanks to a close friend, one which had that childhood dream, one day invited me to his house to see his new addition. When he opened the garage door I’ll never forget the feeling that went through me. I was literally speechless and in awe. To see the sensuous curves, look down the side profile, lower myself to the cars eye level, I took in all it had to visually offer, it was a most enjoyable experience. Some cars just do that to you, albeit few, and when they do its something one rarely forgets.

Long story short, that very same car is what I now proudly call ‘My Ford GT40’ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, It's been a slow process. But now it should speed up and I am anticipating getting on the road sometime in January. Thanks for asking. I miss her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Back