SGT Wheel Knock offs

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
So I was making my wheel order with Vintage Wheels in California and in the process of getting knock off's/Spinners from Mick at SGT to fit my pin drive hubs. However in the process I found he no longer provides the long ear design. So back to Vintage wheels, his knock offs are forgings not cast. I am buying 3 right and 3 left blanks and my machinist will cut the 2 1/4" 8tpi Whitworth threads. So wanted to put it out there if anyone else wants a set then my machinist can run a batch as the set up is the time involved in theses. If folks want to buy them from Bob at vintage and dropped shipped to me I will get them done.
I will get a quote on the machining this weekend.
David
spinner rear.jpg
spinner front.jpg

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
I bought two sets from Vintage unthreaded and had them machined to fit. Spent a good while sanding the recess. Then, one set was anodised red and blue. I think it cost me £400 in machining & threading 8 spinners a couple of year back.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
I will probably have mine laser engraved for left and right when I am done. Or take a page out of the Whitworth Rudge manual and engrave them near side and off side as on my TC special. I was always perplexed as to which was near and off side for many years especially since that changes from a RHD to a LHD.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi, It does’nt change for LHD to RHD cars. The spinners tighten towards the rear on both sides.
There is a post here:

I always thought spinners were supposed to tighten in the direction of rotation so braking would have the effect of tightening? Having said that, my Cobra tightens to the rear…..

Back