Sighted gulf liveried gt 40 in Petaluma today at 10:00 am

I was surprised to see a beautiful gulf liveried gt 40 this morning as I was passing thru Petaluma ca. it was #6 - headed north on petaluma boulevard and looked and sounded great!

If the owner is a member of the forum - what type of exhaust system are you using? - as my current mufflers don't muffle very much at all, and the local boys-in-blue will never leave me alone when I start driving in the near future.

once again, your car was beautiful!!

Dave Harris

Dave - To get these cars through m/v inspection I am planning to fabricate a standard 2 chamber low restriction muffler system(that will attach to the headers) based on measurements I'm going to take from a local car(an RCR).I don't know what you have but I would be pleased to send you the part numbers for any of the pieces and some rudimentary drawings with measurements as soon as I come up with something viable.I plan to use readily available mufflers and no exotic components. It may be a while so I can't offer this immediately,but let me know.

It sounds very much like Bay Area Cobra Club member, Tony. He has a Super Performance Mk 1 and lives near Fahrad.

I was surprised to see a beautiful gulf liveried gt 40 this morning as I was passing thru Petaluma ca. it was #6 - headed north on petaluma boulevard and looked and sounded great!

If the owner is a member of the forum - what type of exhaust system are you using? - as my current mufflers don't muffle very much at all, and the local boys-in-blue will never leave me alone when I start driving in the near future.

once again, your car was beautiful!!

Dave Harris

Dave,

Rck Merz used SuperTrapp mufflers with removable baffles on his GTD.

Ian

Back