Sill Access Plate

Hi, everyone:

Again showing my ignorance: Is the silver-colored removable cover piece fitted to the top of the sill that you climb over to get in and out of the car an access "port" directly into the fuel tank, or does it simply allow access into the sill so that you can check on the tank (I assume the tank is a separate piece) and its connections---or, does it serve some other purpose. Of course I could take it off and look, but that seems stupid until you have some idea what's there on a car like this. I appreciate everyone's patience as I collect schematics of the car from various sources.

Regards,
/s/ Chris

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, who is the manufacturer of your car ? Different manufacturers do things differently. And sometimes the approximate year helps as some things evolve with development.

Regards Brian

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
If no one here can (or doesn't) answer the question...simply call Superformance in Irvine, Ca. (949-900-1950), and ask 'em about your specific car. ;-)

I would assume the plate gives access to the fuel pump/'tank pick up tube and that all SPFs have been/are built the same way...but, both are just guesses on my part.

Chris,
On the passenger side, the cover plate provides access to the fuel tank sending unit. I've been in and out of there a couple of times. If there something specific you need?

Chris,
On the passenger side, the cover plate provides access to the fuel tank sending unit. I've been in and out of there a couple of times. If there something specific you need?

Thanks---I am tracking down a fuel leak, and believe it is coming from inside the driver side sill after running a bunch of tests. I also have an inquiry into Dennis Olthoff, who did the initial installation work of engine, transmission etc. I had a fun weekend with the car, and successfully "safety-wired" the wheels (my first time doing this).

Thanks for your interest,
/s/ Chris

Fuel pump and sender access. ( this wasn't my first thought )

Thanks for your reply! You know, it is incredibly weird that Superformance apparently does not publish or authorize someone to publish detailed schematics of the car---luckily I am an amateur archaeologist/history guru of sorts and can do a "dig" on my own car if need be, but it leads to all sorts of questions like this concerning something that was assembled earlier this year, not in the Dark Ages!

/s/ Chris

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Thanks for your reply! You know, it is incredibly weird that Superformance apparently does not publish or authorize someone to publish detailed schematics of the car---luckily I am an amateur archaeologist/history guru of sorts and can do a "dig" on my own car if need be, but it leads to all sorts of questions like this concerning something that was assembled earlier this year, not in the Dark Ages!

/s/ Chris

Chris,

Actually they do. Blas Costagli does the wire diagrams. [email protected] for info

Back