Single nose Hatch

Checked with Wilco Farm Supply they don't carry them, they said "we only do multiple hatches":)
Tornado Performance Parts wants $600.00 US ouch.

Hi Paul,

I think you need to check your figures.

P/N 40-143 "Single Vent Front Hatch Panel" 225 RBP

As of this posting that is $446 Dollars not 600.

On the TSC website, the Dollar figures that are posted on the parts price list, are at the historical average of 1.5 Dollars to 1 Pound Sterling.

If you are ready to buy and Andy has some one the shelf, I would be glad to extend to you the free shipping to the USA, that I also offered you on the Gulf Flares that are in stock.

All of our GRP is of the highest quality, don't shop on just price.

Best regards and good luck with the Valkyrie.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi,
Your right I got confused with the Gulf flares, they were $600.00
I am going to order a Single vent front hatch panel in the next couple weeks.
I was putting feelers out to see what the average cost is since I am new to
the GT40 stuff.
Merry Christmas Paul

Hi Paul,

I think you need to check your figures.

P/N 40-143 "Single Vent Front Hatch Panel" 225 RBP

As of this posting that is $446 Dollars not 600.

On the TSC website, the Dollar figures that are posted on the parts price list, are at the historical average of 1.5 Dollars to 1 Pound Sterling.

If you are ready to buy and Andy has some one the shelf, I would be glad to extend to you the free shipping to the USA, that I also offered you on the Gulf Flares that are in stock.

All of our GRP is of the highest quality, don't shop on just price.

Best regards and good luck with the Valkyrie.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Paul

you will need to check exactly what size you need as the shape and size of the replica Tornado hatch is different to that of the original sized and profile RCR hatch?

regards

Chris.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Paul

Given the above info the RCR hatch sounds like the part to use.

I know other Fibre Fab owners who have used them.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

I don't think that Paul is going to use the Fibre Fab body and my statment about the size and shape is correct and not ment to be demeaning just helpfull to a new guy. If he has a Tornado body then he should purchase a Tornado hatch or nostrill, if its a GTD or Cav then he should buy one from GTD or CAV as they again are smaller. If he has an RCR body or original body then the RCR nostril/hatch will fit.

Happy Christmas

Chris.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Chris

I think I misunderstood your post or maybe you did not read the entire thread and the links.

If you read the thread and links you will see its a Fiberfab Valkyrie that Paul has.

Happy New year

Andy

Chris,
I am going to use the Valkyrie, I am not trying to build a perfect GT40 replica
just something close. I am actually going to reproduce a car called the Leaver
GT I think he did a spectacular job. His car can be seen at
Jeff Leaver's Valkyrie
I am using some great GT40 parts though JF trans and 289 GT40
I am buying the parts for my son, he is building it along with my supervision. All advice is appreciated. There is fair critisism about using
a fiberfab, I would only say look at leavers GT. He did substantial body work to make the hatch work, that work changed the Valkyrie to a very refined look.

Hi Andy

I don't think that Paul is going to use the Fibre Fab body and my statment about the size and shape is correct and not ment to be demeaning just helpfull to a new guy. If he has a Tornado body then he should purchase a Tornado hatch or nostrill, if its a GTD or Cav then he should buy one from GTD or CAV as they again are smaller. If he has an RCR body or original body then the RCR nostril/hatch will fit.

Happy Christmas

Chris.

Paul,
I just had a quick look at the single nostril mold for my car after looking at 'Jeffs' pics, I would advise you to take cardboard templates from a GT40 to compare the curvature both crosswise & lengthwise to compare with your own body before plunking your $$ down on something that will require a rework. those $$$ will go a long way to some styro & epoxy to create a custom nostril mold that will at least fit your car, sounds like your son is going to be doing quite a bit of glass rework anyway- what better place to start.

Chris,

I guess I didn't explain well enough, I talked to Jeff Leaver several times. He used a GT40 Hatch and glassed the front to match, it is how he got the appearance and changed the lizard like Valkyrie nose to something quite extraordinary. He is going to send us his photo history of the glass work. A lot of work, yes, a lot of glass, yes, but wow what a payoff.
Paul

Paul,
I just had a quick look at the single nostril mold for my car after looking at 'Jeffs' pics, I would advise you to take cardboard templates from a GT40 to compare the curvature both crosswise & lengthwise to compare with your own body before plunking your $$ down on something that will require a rework. those $$$ will go a long way to some styro & epoxy to create a custom nostril mold that will at least fit your car, sounds like your son is going to be doing quite a bit of glass rework anyway- what better place to start.

Hi Paul,

If you're going to those lengths to get a single front hatch installed, you may want to think about blending the top of the front and rear wings rather than the sharp edge the fibre Fab has currently. It really would start to look more like the genuine article then and your'll be doing something that sets yours apart from Jeff's...Just a thought.rockonsmile

Good luck with the project.
Cheers,
Martin

Back