SLC-001 on E-bay

Wow,
Had me a little alarmed for a second, thinking someone had listed MY car for sale. This was the first prototype (IIRC) built (as apposed to the production run). Beautiful car, although I am a little surprised that it has not been wired, since I have heard stories of it out and about for some time.

Regardless, someone will get a great twin-turbo car for a bargain price.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Toby is in a bad spot as he describes...someone will get a cracking car with a great sounding set of headers and real performance potential...

He says he will ship to Canada does that mean it can get an ownership ? Is there someone here that can finish it in Ontario ?

It's already in Canada.

I'm sure the factory could help you in getting it registered there, as there are several SLCs registered in Canada now. Different provinces have different rules, as you probably already know...

I may have to pick this up! Does anyone have any info on this car that he hasn't mentioned?? I'm curious why it hasn't been wired up yet...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Toby will be the first to tell you that he can fabricate and weld but he is useless at electronics
Nothing more sinister than being busy and it not being his forte

Toby will be the first to tell you that he can fabricate and weld but he is useless at electronics
Nothing more sinister than being busy and it not being his forte

How much different is this car as compared to the current model? Have there been significant improvements or changes to the chassis?

How much different is this car as compared to the current model? Have there been significant improvements or changes to the chassis?

IMO the small evolutionary changes would not stop me from getting this car at that price if I was in the market. The only question would be.. would I want a Toyota twin turbo 1UZFE 4cam 32 valve or the more conventional GM LS series motor. Did you see the exhaust and cost! You could NOT build this car to this point for his ending buy-now price that was listed the other day.

Last edited:
IMO the small evolutionary changes would not stop me from getting this car at that price if I was in the market. The only question would be.. would I want a Toyota twin turbo 1UZFE 4cam 32 valve or the more conventional GM LS series motor. Did you see the exhaust and cost! You could NOT build this car to this point for his ending buy-now price that was listed the other day.

I personally would prefer an ls3/ls7 setup, but for a practically complete car for 65k is pretty much a good deal. I could deal with a toyota motor...for a while lol.

Back