SLC at 25?

...the drivers are all used to big budget teams and cars ,we are not that ...
Um...that gear box setup costs more than what you sell an entire kit for! Who are you trying to kid that this is not a high $$$ car/team?

Yeah right!

I would guess that this SLC-R is easily going to be a $150k+ car!

Not complaining, mind you. I'm sure it will be a sight to see, very fast, and very competitive. I'm just not buying that this is a "budget" team.

Budget is all relative and this is not a big budget car...the ALMS Ford GT we make parts for is big budget....

The drivers are in it for the Charity situation only...

I'm just kinda wondering.....what is the charity angle here? I mean this car is not going to be cheap to build, there are virtually no spectators at this event, and there is virtually no prize money awarded. If we all are lucky, then there may be some limited local TV coverage and possibly some mediocre internet broadcast like last year. So how exactly do these people, through running this car in this race, raise money for our troops?

The website will be up and running in a day or two....the official Semper Fi website will be directly linked

The charity receives money by laps run/$ ... much like my kids fundraisers through school...

The private owner of the car has arranged all of this ...I am the car builder plain and simple...

The cost of the car has no bearing on anything other than his pocketbook..and its less expensive than you may think...

Back