SLC at 25?

Hey all,

I had a nice race with John in his #43 Petty car a couple weeks ago while I was testing for the 25 at Thunderhill and since the rumor is that there will be an SLC at that event, I just wanted to pop in and see how that was coming along?

We're doing tire tests and sim time in the GTM camp and are interested to know if we indeed are going to be seeing an SLC this year.

As I have said before, we, the GTM-R crowd, look forward to the day when we get to go head to head with an SLC. We think it should make for a very interesting match up. Best of luck if someone IS putting one together, and "we'll see you at the races!" :)

Dont worry Crash we will be there...we are tyre testing at the beginning of Nov. also...

John the race car will not be at SEMA it will be out in NV and Ca. testing

The driver line up is Bert Friselle, Brian Friselle, Mark Wilkins..all from DP, LMP and Rick McCormick who you may already know...the car is raising money for the Semper Fi ....Injured Marine fund...

Crash,
I think you will be pretty impressed with the car its a nice piece

Last edited:
Crash,
I think you will be pretty impressed with the car its a nice piece

I'm sure it will be. Next to our "workhorse" I'm sure it will make our car look like......well....a workhorse! :)

Driver lineup for us is me(crash), Mad Dog Durbin(veteran GTMR 25er), Darrell Anderson(veteran GTMR 25er), and Max Hyatt from the GA and ALMS scenes.

This Thunderchill 25 race is getting bigger and bigger each year. It's great! :)

Can't wait.
Fantastic driver lineup. Rick McCormick taught me to drive years ago and I look forward to seeing how he does compared to the other hot-shoes.

Where in Cali and NV are you testing Fran?

Spring Mountain in NV and Thunderhill in Ca. are booked for private testing..

the SL-C is a workhorse too...is it built to be Mack truck tough...nothing has been built to minimum build...the drivers are all used to big budget teams and cars ,we are not that ..so we have built the car to take their abuse...you know how "drivers" are!!!!

Last edited:
Dont worry Crash we will be there...we are tyre testing at the beginning of Nov. also...

John the race car will not be at SEMA it will be out in NV and Ca. testing

The driver line up is Bert Friselle, Brian Friselle, Mark Wilkins..all from DP, LMP and Rick McCormick who you may already know...the car is raising money for the Semper Fi ....Injured Marine fund...

Hmmm. Kinda makes one wonder what all of this testing is for....

Are the test days open to come and watch? If so what are the dates.

After seeing the car at your shop i cant wait to see it in action.

I'm sure you would Mike.......there is no need for you to spend your valuable time at our test ....:thumbsup:..

I dont know what the owner of the car has arranged other than where and when...and any more than that's classified....007 stuff.

Paul...testing is to shake down the car and get the drivers comfortable and make sure the stereo gets all the channels they need to keep them awake during the night driving...

One very important thing to note is that the SLC will be running a stock chassis and a stock body.....even running the street tail along with our Carbon wing...so the car as seen on track will have the same looks and chassis as the car you buy from RCR...
any race specific part we do use are also a simple bolt on application for the more serious track guy too...

Last edited:
What is testing for -

Seems to me to make sure a car that has never turned a wheel before ...uh gets to turn a few. Seems pretty silly to expect a car to show up to any racing event untested....to say the least a 25 hour event. Something is ALWAYS going to go wrong, or need adjustment or, flat out fail unexpectedly in new builds using all new parts. Just a fact of racing life.

One would hate to show up at such an event with a stellar name line-up like this with a car that has never turned a wheel. That would be a recipe for dissapointment for sure.

I bet the GTM guys have a well sorted and known car at this stage in it's life, just as it should be for an endurance race. I have seen the SLC and it has all the right parts to go really well, but all the right parts untested are just a bag of expensive parts bolted to a chassis. Until it is all sorted through testing or actual racing.

I look forward to seeing development and race reports along the way. Of course, video would be nice. Great driver lineup and their input will surely help all of us.

Rob...agree totally

hence the testing..

some of the systems are out of my control ...engine mapping and transaxle programming but our integration into the car is well executed...so we have damage limitation in full force..

Last edited:
I thought the "why test?" was a tongue in cheek question. Guess not.

We are of the exact same opinion in the GTM camp. We will not run even a new part in a big race like the 25 without first testing it extensively. We are currently in 2nd place for the Western Endurance Racing Championship(WERC) due to the fact that we tried some different things throughout the year. Some worked and some didn't. We probably could have been in the lead at this point in the game had we not been focused on making the car as fast as it can be for the 25. In short, testing is a MUST!

BTW- We are the defending champions of the WERC and look forward to more competition next year. Are the SLC-R owners going to be running the series next year?

Back