SLC fit for tall people

Hi guys, joined the forum officially but lurked for a long time. Trying to figure out if I'll actually fit inside a SLC? I think I've read all the builds and looking forward to all the others on here as well :) If I go the SLC route, it will be in three years when I return to the states. Was considering doing a FFR cobra but they are snug too and really like the engineering of the SLC based on everything I've seen so far. I went to sit in a Superformance GT40 and it was a little more snug than I'd like.

As for me...
I'm built like a linebacker (little overweight :laugh:) at 6'3" 260 lbs. I fit in my c6z06 just fine though for comparison. So to start how are the tall guys getting by?

more background, I would build a street car more than a track car, so it would have full interior, a/c radio, sound proofing, etc... I currently have a l33 lsx engine with ls6 intake and z06 cam in storage ready for whatever I ick. I would do a small turbo setup and run for about 550 rwhp.

I'm 6'5", 250 lbs, and I fit in the SLC just fine (SEMA SLC). There's tons of room in the foot wells so you can lean the seat back pretty far and still stretch your legs out.

Thanks guys, very helpful feedback on the leg room, great to hear! What about shoulder width? I'm a 48L Suite size, pretty wide. In decent shape no smaller than a 46 though.

Good point Jack I did read that. Not sure what the measurements are on those. Here are some seats that are from my camaro that are very comfy aftermarket seats and what I would call the key measurements. These fit me perfect :)

file.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-1.jpg

You can get an idea of seat dimension that might work by going to this website and look under "Interior" > "seats". BTW we should update that .xls file with more current offerings......

Merim I am a wide guy too, 6'1" pretty solid 298 lbs my shoulders are 24" from outside to outside. When I had my SC cobra I had to drive with one arm outside the car.
The SL-C seat bolsters were to deep and were very tight in the hips. I bought two procar seats and had them modified. It is tight but I do fit, It doe's have plenty of leg room.

Thanks Grant, that helps a lot. Appreciate all the quick feedback. Here I am in a Superformance Cobra that I went to go try for size. I think I would have had to sit on the floor to feel that I was looking through the windshield and that the rollbar would have any chance of protecting me.

I'll have to spend some time in the wiki too, thx doc. That one with the revised seat and the 6' guy pic really makes me feel good about being able to fit. This is awesome.

file-3.jpg

Back