SLC picture thread

Kyle:

The car shown above is the worst SL-C example I'm sure that I'll ever see. He really does a good job covering up all of the disaster areas of this build.

1) The interior is straight out of a 70's Pantera. Yuck!!
2) The vinyl wrap was installed by a beginner and whoa!!! You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
3) The electrical working is a rats nest at best.
4) The engine compartment is not organized at all.
5). The undercoating isn't complete and looks like an amateur spray bomb job.
6) The rear inner wheel well liners are spreading from the body.
7) The doors do not open and closed well at all. They creak and are in a bind.
8) The front bonnet was impossible to remove and we have up after a bit of trying.
9) etc.....

Kyle:

The car shown above is the worst SL-C example I'm sure that I'll ever see. He really does a good job covering up all of the disaster areas of this build.

2) The vinyl wrap was installed by a beginner and whoa!!! You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
8) The front bonnet was impossible to remove and we have up after a bit of trying.
9) etc.....

Well...what do you expect for an asking price of $165k?

2 yrs old, daily driver.

Attachments

• 2014-08-09 00.18.32.jpg
    2014-08-09 00.18.32.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 623
  • DSCF1004.jpg
    DSCF1004.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 562
Kyle:

9) etc.....

There's a couple areas that truly SCARE me.

The biggest and most concerning area is the rear "window" between the engine bay and the driver... it's plexiglass and from the photos just looks like it's bolted on... I'm not sure I'd really trust that in a fire/collision.

And yes, the wrap does leave a lot to be desired.

Kyle:

9) etc.....

Based solely upon financial considerations; before I would even consider spending $165K on that SL-C or for that matter any kit car; I’d buy a new R8 and get 525hp V10 mid-engine with a Grazano gear box, a lot of very nice creature comforts that Audi is famous for PLUS a new “car warranty”!<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Jim<o:p></o:p>

I'm simply being honest... Why hold back? Some people aren't meant to build these cars. Crappy SL-C examples hurt the values for all of us that are putting together a quality build. I hope that most SL-C owners would feel the same. I personally enjoy watching all of the owners that are taking pride in their builds and would love if everyone did so.

There are things about that car that don't turn me on and there are parts of my build that some would not like. All of us don't have the same taste or level of expertise. A good part of your build is due to Jims expertise. A little bit of humility goes a long way.

There are things about that car that don't turn me on and there are parts of my build that some would not like. All of us don't have the same taste or level of expertise. A good part of your build is due to Jims expertise. A little bit of humility goes a long way.

Thanks Al,:thumbsup: but I'm sure Aaron won't agree!:laugh:

Jim

I'm simply being honest... Why hold back? Some people aren't meant to build these cars. Crappy SL-C examples hurt the values for all of us that are putting together a quality build. I hope that most SL-C owners would feel the same. I personally enjoy watching all of the owners that are taking pride in their builds and would love if everyone did so.

I totally agree with Aaron. There are some really shoddy bits in the pictures on ebay. I'm not talking things that were the builder's personal touches, but rather things that just don't look right such as the exhaust cutouts being uneven and the pipes coming out at different heights/angles.

Edit: not intending to offend anyone, these are just things that would be a red flag if I personally was considering that car.

Went for a drive friday night and one of the boys snapped this shot. Thought it was pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 625
Stu.... I agree with Jack great pic. Good to know that your shock package will limit you suspension also. Maybe a video of a little track time might be in order. I've enjoyed your post. Thank for all the info from down under....

Thanks Jack and Joe!
Don't you worry Joe there is track and road footage coming soon, probably within the next month. I will post when it's ready.
I was concerned when Jac Mac raised the issue with Penske shocks not being suitable to use as a limiter on full suspension droop (in the other thread). I found out Bilsteins are designed to perform this.
cheers

Here is mine, done 2 years ago, 4000 miles on it, 3 rotor Mazda engine

Attachments

• DSCF1010.jpg
    DSCF1010.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF1013.jpg
    DSCF1013.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 342
There were a lot of gorgeous cars there, the crowd liked the SLC. The door actuators are worth every penny for the wow factor, and practical too.

Back