***SOLD Super nice 2006 CAV #106 for sale ***SOLD

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
I bought this car because I wanted a gt40. Unfortunately I cannot get use the the mid engine setup, if feels weird to me. bad part is I had to spend 140k to find this out.........lol I have literally only driven it 5 times and its enough for me to know I will never get use to the high powered mid engine setup. I am sticking with my easy to drive cobras. Car is absolutely close to perfect in every way. Only 500 miles if that on the 408 engine with Borla stack injection, and mendeola SR5 trans, dyno HP to the wheels of 444 ponies and the rear tires are as fat as you can get them. Tires are new, rims, transaxle built to handle 700HP+, engine new, paint is 1 yr old and I spent 9k on this. I have 3 steering wheels for it, another set of rims/tires. Tires are new on them as well. its one of the nicer CAV cars you will see. last guy had it titled as a original historic so it gets the cool collector or historic plate. I am asking $120,000 and its firm. I am taking a $20,000 loss so I can get the space before Winter snow flies. I have all receipts. Nothing needed, its better than brand new, come see.

Attachments

• gt40 6.jpeg
    gt40 6.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 2,646
  • gt40.jpeg
    gt40.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 2,767
  • gt40 motor.jpeg
    gt40 motor.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 2,778
  • gt40 combo.jpeg
    gt40 combo.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,724
  • gt40 tires 2nd set 2.jpeg
    gt40 tires 2nd set 2.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 2,605
  • gt40 oct 16.jpeg
    gt40 oct 16.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 6,011
  • gt40 oct 10.jpeg
    gt40 oct 10.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,715
  • gt40 oct 12.jpeg
    gt40 oct 12.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 2,730
  • gt40 oct 15.jpeg
    gt40 oct 15.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 2,596
  • gt40 oct 13.jpeg
    gt40 oct 13.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 2,465

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
CAV has ice cold ac to my surprise even on a hot day keeps cool. Only reason I am selling at 120K is because I want the space before snow flies. After that it goes on Hemmings and sells for full price. Had one offer so far close to my asking price. Car is better than new.
Well, that is a pretty SOB! Good luck with the sale Nick!

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
Well, that is a pretty SOB! Good luck with the sale Nick!
Thanks Dave I wish I could get use to the mid engine setup, but I just cant. Feels awkward to me. Love the car, cant go anywhere without people giving the thumbs up, and video taping.

Nick.... I have to ask.... what is the mfr and specs on the rear tires. Fronts look like Avons. Just can't place the rears. Almost look like Vintage TD Hoosiers, but they are not radials. Inquiring minds!!! Love the width!!

Thanks Guys.... Aside from the obvious lettering on the side of the tire... Again, I do not recognize the tread and am also curious about the size. Like you Nick, always on a hunt for wide tires to fit my gulf flairs, hence my questions. Specifically, size and which tire? Are these by chance cut slicks or are they the Historics?

Thanks

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
What's the concern with a mid engine setup? When I purchased my ERA it was a scary nightmare to drive, I put some time into setup and it totally changed the handling and driveability. I wonder with the low miles whether the car has been through a thorough alignment and setup?

With only 6 grooves on the tire they sure look like a cut slick.

Julian

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
Car is perfectly setup. Gordon Levy had it on the track at 165mph. I just feel ackward in it.

I bought this car because I wanted a gt40. Unfortunately I cannot get use the the mid engine setup, if feels weird to me. bad part is I had to spend 140k to find this out.........lol I have literally only driven it 5 times and its enough for me to know I will never get use to the high powered mid engine setup. I am sticking with my easy to drive cobras. Car is absolutely close to perfect in every way. Only 500 miles if that on the 408 engine with Borla stack injection, and mendeola SR5 trans, dyno HP to the wheels of 444 ponies and the rear tires are as fat as you can get them. Tires are new, rims, transaxle built to handle 700HP+, engine new, paint is 1 yr old and I spent 9k on this. I have 3 steering wheels for it, another set of rims/tires. Tires are new on them as well. its one of the nicer CAV cars you will see. last guy had it titled as a original historic so it gets the cool collector or historic plate. I am asking $120,000 and its firm. I am taking a $20,000 loss so I can get the space before Winter snow flies. I have all receipts. Nothing needed, its better than brand new, come see.
Car looks great. I’m interested if still available. Do you have more pics you could share including build receipts?

Hello I am interested in this car. Is it still for sale?

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
I have 4 guys that are interested. I am holding for a ex Marine until mid to end of January. I would say check back end of January. I gave him my word.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Purepop1 -
Welcome to GT40s.com ..
You can start out by changing your User Name to your REAL name as you agreed to do when you joined our forum.
Thank you

Back