Someone said there was cake…..

Evening chaps!
Ive been loitering for a while so I bit the bullet and actually registered.

At the moment I am on an information hunt in order to make sure I make the best possible decisions when it comes to starting the build.

Thanks to a number of great threads and build threads on here it looks like I’m leaning towards either a MKII kit from either TSC or Southern. I’m particularly pleased to hear about Southerns’ excellent after sales.
Im sure I wasn’t the first but when I started out on this journey I was adamant I wanted to fit a 427 engine to be period. However I’m now leaning towards a 351W build with an Audi box attached. The Audi box seems to be prevalent in the UK and I’ve even found (thanks to this site) a company down south that churns out “new” items.

Ive previously owned and rebuilt a Westfield with a Zetec engine running bike carbs and recently I’m usually found in the garage working on my hybrid track motorbike. So I’m pretty happy with tools.

so I just wanted to say hi and without getting upsetting the powers that be there seems to be some contradictions between of the 01E or 01x is the better box (understand it has to be a 2wd box).

oh, here’s my inspiration and plan for final paint job. Probably not an original thought but I love the look.

Attachments

• 75D1AFA2-7EB9-455E-8F3F-392DEBCD026C.jpeg
    75D1AFA2-7EB9-455E-8F3F-392DEBCD026C.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 164

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Nick. There’s a vast amount of knowledge and ideas in these build threads. Most any question asked is answered politely. Pretty much zero confrontation on here. Enjoy your journey.

Regards Brian

Hi all,

A somewhat newbie here. I lost my last account years ago.

Over the years and again few days ago, I have been reading quite a bit about the Canadian Kit-car laws and I'm just wondering. Last year, 2020 render the first Superformance GT40 eligible for import into Canada as it’s 15 years old. SPF started their first GT40 in 2005. I’m curious to know if anyone here or know of anyone had brought in one of these beauties yet. If so, would love to hear the details and story.

Thanks,
Victor

Good luck with the build! When people see how fast my Cobra is and ask what engine I have in it, I say "just a little 281". The 350 hp is plenty to keep right up on the street or track without making it a handful.
Here's some Cake for you :

Hows the build prep going nick?
Iv decided to keep mine forging ahead with the build. First step was to clear out all the crap dump inside it

Hows the build prep going nick?
Iv decided to keep mine forging ahead with the build. First step was to clear out all the crap dump inside it
Glad to hear you are forging ahead! Well I keep thinking I’ve got the engine sorted and then it falls through. Im still undecided on the power plant too…. Stroker 347 or push for the stroker 408…..

nick

hmm no an easy choice. Don't for get to take into account the hp limitations of the audi box. I believe 400 bhp with the level of torque these engines kick out is about the limit. Why iv gone for a 351 with pretty standard rebuild besides increasing to 0.040 over

I’m not convinced by that HP figure especially on the 2wd 01e box. From what I’ve found they are quite a bit sturdier than the 01x box or Quattro 01e. I think it was Walter on here with a red gt40 who has 450bhp on a rebuilt Audi 01e. I’ve got all my documentation and manuals so it’s just about finding the right engine now.

Back