Southern Sept 6th Run + Meet

Quick story ( pls ask for more details if needed).
Run + meet with a twist: 4 start points converging 1 venue = Bentley Wildfowl/Motor Museum nr Lewes, Seussex.
Invites open to all non mass produced cars, be it a gt40 styled car, cobras, caterhams etc etc.
Idea is to give those that join in the chance to perhaps meet other like minded folks who may actually live just round the corner! also gives owners who may not be part of a large club the chance to get involved!
4 start points are: 7oaks, guildford, caterham + brighton. start times will differ slightly as aiming for cars to arrive 11 ish at Bentley. Clubs or owners that are still too far from the start points are welcome to make their own way to venue. But would be grateful if anyone interested could let me know as trying to keep an idea of rough numbers.....so far assuming fair weather then 30-35 owners/cars shown positive interest, with i think more to follow.
thx Mark

updated. just to confirm that this event is still happening. so far approx 50 owners of varuious marques........timing will be to get to Bentley for 11.00 ish, thats when the varfious runs will arrive. Had a bit of sponsorship from Opie oils who are giving all attendees an extra discount over and above any club discounts that are in place as well as a prize to be raffled. Hope to see a few of you guys there? thx mark

Hi, Spoke to Frank Catt Sunday and he told me about event,I have a 40 and live near Brighton and might be able to get a few odd type cars together, could you tell me where the start point is in Brighton please, oh and I too am taking part in the speed trials,Are there any 40`s local to Brigton area. ( thanks for the help Frank)

hazzbeen. thx for coming back to me......to be frank i had to scrap the idea of a Brighton start a few days ago, i held off hoping that interest would pick up, but take up from the coast has been poor. quite possibly because it is so close that some folks are making their own way rather than getting involved in a run! if you would like to come along that would be great and of course if you have a few pals and want to arrange yr own little run across - perfect! we'll be aiming to arrive for 11.00. i know for some folks it'll be weather dependant - but so far still got positives from 50+ owners, so hoping that the sun will shine and we'll have a nice day out. obviously this is the 1st time i've tried to do this, so if we get a good turnout on the day - then perhaps next time we can build on it to make it more of an event!! hope to see you there! thx mark

Back