Spf Uk

We are pleased to say that the first of the SPF GT40s has passed its SVA tests in the UK today, Rod Leaches silver Mark2 will soon be legally on the road ( and tracks ) for demonstration.

Frank,
were there any funnies that needed to be addressed to get it through, or was it straight forward ??

Cheers,
John.

Second ( Gulf) SPFGT40 now passed SVA, and will be running at Thruxton on Saturday in the hands of Geoff Brabham ( See review of this car in the current EVO magazine )

It would be interesting to hear Geoff's assessment of the car. Also, I'm not finding the review in EVO. Which issue exactly is it?

Second ( Gulf) SPFGT40 now passed SVA, and will be running at Thruxton on Saturday in the hands of Geoff Brabham ( See review of this car in the current EVO magazine )

The GT40 Gulf Mk.I was driven by David Brabham for a number of laps during the lunch break on Saturday during BTCC taking out a number of individuals who had won passenger rides through auctions on behalf of Racing 4 Charity which is run by Bill Williams and Brabs and organised by myself.

Passengers reported speeds over 165mph so she was going very well.

The Gulf car is also in this months EVO as part of the Road and Track test (she is on the cover, a small pic in the bottom right hand corner) main cover pic is the Green GT3RS and Vantage N24.

A great write up for the car and came 3rd overall, a great testament to Wealden and the cars themselves.

The laps were also filmed from an internal view point with one camera on track and the other on the driver. This will go on You Tube etc once edited.

All sounds great, but Frank you seemd to miss my post, so to ask again:

were there any funnies that needed to be addressed to get it through (SVA), or was it straight forward ??
e.g. light positions, sharp edges, switches, belt mounting points, etc etc

Cheers,
John.

Back