SPFMK2 Coil over swap

Callaghan

Lifetime Supporter
Dear 40 Forum folks,
My stock "Bilstein" front shocks gave up on me.
The plan is to go up 50lbs spring front and rear and do a double adjustable and realignment, hopefully minus the bump-steer.
Is there a make of coil-over that is a straight swap or is it a custom size?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Callaghan

I did the swap for the Cobra Valley double adjustable shocks and springs from Performance Unlimited on my SPF MkI. I'm very happy with them on the street and track. Firm but supple on the street, tight on the track.

Steve

Supporter
Callaghan,

Easiest bet is to go with the coilovers supplied by Dennis Olthoff. I have them on mine and the ride is not compromised. You can probably talk to him about spring rates and describe what you're looking for. They would be a perfect fit and you'd probably save a lot of headache.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Callaghan,

Easiest bet is to go with the coilovers supplied by Dennis Olthoff. I have them on mine and the ride is not compromised. You can probably talk to him about spring rates and describe what you're looking for. They would be a perfect fit and you'd probably save a lot of headache.
This. Dennis knows what works.

Callaghan,

Steve, which coilover version did you go with? Are they double adjustable Bilsteins?

Steve

Supporter
I went with Olthoff supplied coilovers. They’re primarily for the track but the car rides surprisingly well on the street.

I did the swap for the Cobra Valley double adjustable shocks and springs from Performance Unlimited on my SPF MkI. I'm very happy with them on the street and track. Firm but supple on the street, tight on the track.
What is the cost for the cobra valley shocks?

Callaghan,

what kind of cost is involved?

Back