Stanceworks lift on an SPF anyone?

Hi guya,

Has anyone installed a Stanceworks air lift kit on an SPF?

I’m looking for advice and experiences (good or bad).

Will I need to replace the front springs?

Is the front kit enough or should I do all 4 wheels?

is there room for the pressure tank anywhere or is the kit without tank good enough? And where should I best hide the pump?

Cheers,

Dan

Rob Klein

Supporter
Use jri shocks. jrishocks.com.
And just the front will be fine. They have done lots of gt40’s so they can send you a complete kit

Use jri shocks. jrishocks.com.
And just the front will be fine. They have done lots of gt40’s so they can send you a complete kit

That’s a hefty price 6k.

Especially since my car has a working suspension that I’m fine with.

I’m just looking for a front lift to help me negotiate speed bumps and ramps and saw Stanceparts mentionned a few times on here but nothing concrete about an installation in an SPF.

Just realized I wrote Stanceworks in my opening thread. I mean Stanceparts https://www.stanceparts.com/

I haven't ordered yet but I plan to put a set (stance) on my Active power.

$700 for the 4 cups sounds reasonable, and when not needed, they're collapsed and other than the little added diameter on top and shorter spring, they have no effect on any characteristic of the handling.

As I understand it, if you have an air tank, it'll make it raise much quicker than waiting for the compressor to build up the pressure, and they're not meant to be driven on in mid stroke where they become spring like, but rather collapsed or inflated to the point they're rigid spacers.

I haven't ordered yet but I plan to put a set (stance) on my Active power.

$700 for the 4 cups sounds reasonable, and when not needed, they're collapsed and other than the little added diameter on top and shorter spring, they have no effect on any characteristic of the handling.

As I understand it, if you have an air tank, it'll make it raise much quicker than waiting for the compressor to build up the pressure, and they're not meant to be driven on in mid stroke where they become spring like, but rather collapsed or inflated to the point they're rigid spacers.

Yes it does seem like a neat solution. I was wondering if the standard coil springs can be kept or need to be replaced by a shorter type.

I think we'll need a 1" shorter spring. Not a big deal. Last time I had to change a spring, I was able to find them for $50 each. I think the back will work, it't just the front that is a little too tight to get the cup in there.

Hi guya,

Has anyone installed a Stanceworks air lift kit on an SPF?

I’m looking for advice and experiences (good or bad).

Will I need to replace the front springs?

Is the front kit enough or should I do all 4 wheels?

is there room for the pressure tank anywhere or is the kit without tank good enough? And where should I best hide the pump?

Cheers,

Dan

I set-up my Superformance GT40MKII to ride higher all around as I drive it in the real world. While I prefer the lower look, a little extra height makes a huge difference in avoiding difficulties with speed bumps, etc. I haven't noticed any adverse effects on handling, etc. given how I drive the car, and you avoid extra equipment, expense and possibly neglecting to raise the car with a lift device at a critical moment. It's simple to try it out, first, and see if it works for you. You should probably contact Vlado Yancev at V's Performance for specific info/advice as he's got practical experience in installing these systems (714-654-2708).

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Back