Suggestions about GT40 Build

Looking at doing a GT 40. I,ve built many Street Cars and Race cars from scratch so I have all of the fabrication and mechanical skills required and a fully equiped shop. I'm looking for suggestions regarding "kit" suppliers and your experiences with them.
Thanks i

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Really depends what you are looking to do. Street car or street and track? Restomod then RCR and Active are domestic choices. You could get a chassis or kit out of England from SGT or Tornado. CAV out of South Africa will sell you a complete kit and are reasonably priced and Jordy is super patient and helpful with questions. . But spend a lot of time here reading the good bad and ugly of each. I chose a Chassis and suspension from SGT in England, the body from Bill Hough (who built the original bodies for Fran at RCR) and because I am building a replica of a road car, I have scoured the world this forum and fleabay for parts. Money no object, call Andrew at GT40 Gold Parts and get a monoque chassis.

Just depends what your end goal, budget and timeframe....

Really depends what you are looking to do. Street car or street and track? Restomod then RCR and Active are domestic choices. You could get a chassis or kit out of England from SGT or Tornado. CAV out of South Africa will sell you a complete kit and are reasonably priced and Jordy is super patient and helpful with questions. . But spend a lot of time here reading the good bad and ugly of each. I chose a Chassis and suspension from SGT in England, the body from Bill Hough (who built the original bodies for Fran at RCR) and because I am building a replica of a road car, I have scoured the world this forum and fleabay for parts. Money no object, call Andrew at GT40 Gold Parts and get a monoque chassis.

Just depends what your end goal, budget and timeframe....

Is Andrew at GT40 Gold Parts still in business ? I've sent him several messages and no return over the past several weeks. Would like to buy one of his steering wheel emblems.

You could contact Geslcoe if you want as close to authentic. I personally like the RCR, great price for a great product.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Is Andrew at GT40 Gold Parts still in business ? I've sent him several messages and no return over the past several weeks. Would like to buy one of his steering wheel emblems.

He is, spoke to him last week. Send him an email as his site dos not send him notices sometimes.

Back