ERA GT40

I can't believe this ERA GT40 has not sold yet! Great manufacturer, right motor with webers and the right color. Doesn't get any better than that. If I didn't already have a GT40 I'd be a buyer.....

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
I can't believe this ERA GT40 has not sold yet! Great manufacturer, right motor with webers and the right color. Doesn't get any better than that. If I didn't already have a GT40 I'd be a buyer.....
Gary people don't want to spend the money right now. People are scared I guess. I will sell in Spring.

I'm in the market for a GT40, but know very little about them (other than the history).

I'm considering the Superformance cars for their authenticity, but I know there are a lot of other options out there. I'm looking for something that can be mistaken for an original, not some cheesy kit car. Good looking car, I never heard of the ERA. I suppose in the end, it comes down to who put them to get her and did the do it right. This will be a driver for me maybe even tracked, so I'm very leery of garage queens that have rotted seals, hoses and tires. I'd rather get a car that has been driven.

What are the pitfalls or gotchas when buying a GT40? Any advice would be welcome.

Rob Klein

Supporter
I'm in the market for a GT40, but know very little about them (other than the history).

I'm considering the Superformance cars for their authenticity, but I know there are a lot of other options out there. I'm looking for something that can be mistaken for an original, not some cheesy kit car. Good looking car, I never heard of the ERA. I suppose in the end, it comes down to who put them to get her and did the do it right. This will be a driver for me maybe even tracked, so I'm very leery of garage queens that have rotted seals, hoses and tires. I'd rather get a car that has been driven.

What are the pitfalls or gotchas when buying a GT40? Any advice would be welcome.
ERA's are very nice cars and very authentic. Pitfalls of buying a GT40, well this one is a great car and well sorted. SORTED is the key, making sure the car you buy has some miles on it, so that you don't have to do the punch list. The GT 40 is mostly motor and transmission, if they are strong and well built you will have a great car.

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
ERA's are very nice cars and very authentic. Pitfalls of buying a GT40, well this one is a great car and well sorted. SORTED is the key, making sure the car you buy has some miles on it, so that you don't have to do the punch list. The GT 40 is mostly motor and transmission, if they are strong and well built you will have a great car.
Car is for sure well sorted, and ready to drive. Another really good feature is that it has rod shift linkage even though its a left hand drive car. So it has the positive bolt action shifting. Not like a sloppy slow cable.

Back