Supercharge or Turbocharge

Ford 5.4 -- what would you recommend? Which way to go? Cost? Results?
Easiest? What is commercially available in kit form? Were you happy with deal?

It is my understanding that for the modular 5.4, supercharging is considerably easier, using available, largely bolt on parts. Most parts produced for the 4.6 sibling will be suitable.

Be careful with which 5.4 you've got. The lower compression ones will be more suitable.

There will need to be computer adjustments, Dimi has access to a program which assists the 5.4's N/A breathing, so it might be a starting point.

Aside from being committed to using 98 octane fuel, I can't think of a reason why not.

The basic 5.4 is the same capacity as the Ford GT's supercharged engine, but the details are (unfortunately) very different.

Good luck!

We offer a 500 and 600 hp Supercharged 5.4 options using the local XR8 and GT engines as a base - all bolt on, engine management and wiring per our std 5.4's is all sorted, plug and play.
The first version is fully emissions compliant.
We have 2 such vehicles running now unfortunately the one we had here at RF we just sent to the painters for a couple of months.

Loads of torque and relatively stealth - the std upper plenum bolts back on. We have not played with turbos on these engines ourselves however Bobski's excellent 4.6 example shows what can be done.

Please feel free to call and discuss in detail, the supercharger etc is still here to show off.

Regards Paul

i agree. supercharging a 5.4 is the easiest way to go.
ive built turbo setups and supercharged setups, i prefer s/c.
power delivery is much smoother and linear.
many kits available for the 5.4. if youre not rockefeller, why reinvent the wheel?
trust me, you can make all the power you want with a s/c setup.

Back