supercharged mkiv

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sounds like it has ignition crossfire or potentially a valve that is hanging up.. Be really careful of your ignition timing with blower motors.. You could have a bomb bolted up to the top of your engine if it backfires.. I know this all too well!

Wayne,
There were severall threads in the past that compared mufflers. Some with sound tracks. Might give you a good comparison. Don't think you will get much deeper. I have Magnaflows on mine and it isn't that quiet. Hard to tell with video. Here is mine on an old camera without the best sound quality. It is a 392 Windsor. Hope it is posted correctly.The engine had not been tuned when this was shot. The follow up video was the first fireup, shot with a different(older) camera. Little louder. Video and sound are out of sync.

Bill

PC010024.mp4 Video by Billmusarra | Photobucket

Last edited:
Thanks for the post .bill what size are your mufflers? I had a set of magnaflows on my truck took off to deep sounding but thought they might sound good on mkiv but they do not have the size i need.
Thanks wayne

The main body is 14" long. The ends were trimmed to fit and the tips were added with a slant cut. It is hard to tell which model they are. A good muffler shop should be able totell you. I think they are 2 1/2" pipes, maybe 2 3/4. The flange can be fabed to fit your outlet Their overall lenght was altered by my engine guy. Can't tell what the oulet of the 180s is. Hope this helps.

Bill

Back