Superformance MKI Sold on BAT

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Very nice Gulf wide body sold today for $231,000.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 3.25.03 PM.png

Rob Klein

Supporter
I looked at the pictures, and it was a nice spec. I wonder if the 427 EFI, helped the sale or hurt the sale?

I looked at the pictures, and it was a nice spec. I wonder if the 427 EFI, helped the sale or hurt the sale?

My uneducated opinion.. to someone that is more of a casual fan, the 427 was a plus. If you knew the difference it could have been a neutral if you didn't want to wait for your own build.

I forgot to watch the Safir Mark V... no sale at 282K... looks like a lovely car

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
The 427 was probably a plus, but Roush engines do not have the best reputation among GT40 owners who have owned them. I'll take my engine from Prestige Motorsports over Roush any day. Has anyone on the forum had a bad experience with Prestige?

Rob Klein

Supporter
The 427 was probably a plus, but Roush engines do not have the best reputation among GT40 owners who have owned them. I'll take my engine from Prestige Motorsports over Roush any day. Has anyone on the forum had a bad experience with Prestige?
I have heard that about Roush engines using parts from china, but the are backed with a nice warranty

Both shops I contacted recommended Roush engines, so I called them numerous times, six to be exact, and left voice mails on most occasions. I didn’t even have the courtesy of a return phone call. I then called Prestige Motorsports, within two or three minutes I was talking with Doug, had a proposal emailed to me before we even hung up. The proposal listed exactly each and every component going into the engine. They kept me informed of the progress, and I was notified today that my engine shipped last Friday. Highly recommend them to anyone needing a new motor.

Klaf

Supporter
Good to know, I have been calling Roush for 3 weeks. Anyone heard of TD performance out of New Jersey? the website is fordcobraengines.com

Back