Superformance questions...

How is it that they can release information and pricing through third parties and not post anything official on their website or respond to the forum moderators when approached directly?

The rumored price started at 50k usd now it's 65k with no delivery dates in mind. My prediction is the real price and delivery of vehicles will be 85K starting summer 2006.

So what does that do to companies like CAV, RF, etc. with product available now? Nothing good. Questions need to answered.

What GT40 enthusiasts need to know officially from Superformance is:

How much the base car is, price of options, specifications including whatever they believe is unique or superior and when deliveries will begin.

Wouldn't you agree it's counterproductive, even borderline abusive to hold potential buyers at bay over rumored prices, specs and delivery dates. They've already increased the price by 30% and there's more to come.

Your comments?

As much as I promote and regard their product of the highest quality (as I own a SPF cobra) I found it very hard to believe thay could produce as great a car as they expext to for the original 50,000. Knowing what's involved and what goes into a CAV I would expect their price to be north of 75K. when all is said and done. But I'm sure that it will be a great car just the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have an order in for their GT40 and my build position is #20. The current factory schedule is to begin production in May with 100 day build cycle. They are taking orders and have been for a month or so.

The option list was limited. The price was 65k delivered to my dealer (10 minutes from me).

It is my personal opinion that they will release information when good and ready and they have firmed everything up more. They probably needed to get past the Shelby issue as well - I can imagine that he would want his claws in the GT40 as well.

By committing to the product early, I realize that I am at risk and I accept that. I think the product will be a good one.

I also would imagine that hte pricing will follow their history with the Brock coupe which saw an increase after the product build and market demand settled.

Regards,
Mike

Mike C.,
If you would give us an idea in what country and or state you are located it would give us a better feel for price. Also, if you are #20 on the production line and it takes 100 days to produce one (how many cars in a build cycle) then you will have to waite over 5 years for your car? ( maybe my math is wrong )Joseph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the product.
By the way what were the options??

I am sorry, I am in Southern California - Orange County in the US of A.

The options list when I ordered was a car cover and paint details like striping. Keep in mind I was one of the first and not much information was available. When my build cycle begins, I will get to firm up the car specifications.

They told me the build cycle was 100 days for a batch and that the first batch starts in May. I do not know the size of the batch. Superformance builds quite a few cars per year and I don't think produciton capacity will be the limiting factor. I would be happy to have it sometime this year, although I can wait. I am still working on my plane project.

I have seen samples of most of Superformance product line and I am impressed the quality of what they produce.

When I get details from the factory I will gladly post them-

Regards,
Mike

Here is a little update about the cars soon to be built (from the dealer):

Shifter and handbrake located in the center of the car.
Tunnel off set as original but to the right hand side.
Driver’s seat wider.
Carpets on the floor loose.
Sill will not have carpets.
Dash and roof black and will incorporate Alacantra.
Seats will look like original with silver rivets will be set back to allow about 1 ¼ “ in height.
Sound deadening material behind the seat.
Air conditioning. Unit will be mounted in wheel well cut out.
Suspension like original.
Brakes Willwood super light not power assisted.
Pedal box can be adjusted and steering is removable.
Door catches and latches are original style.
Windows Perspex screw in on a hinge plate.
Cross flow radiator.
Pipes are all located in middle of tunnel. (Air con, radiator, and heater)
Halibrand MKII style wheels.
Headers for 347 small blocks will be supplied.
Oil pan will be supplied.
RBT transaxle recommended.
Gurney bubble available.

The first car is going into production towards the end of April.

Mike

Back