Superlite GTA

Why not start over indeed. The German engineers are the best in the world for stuffing 10 lbs of sheet into a 1 lb sack. I'm trying to get rid of 9 lbs of it LOL.

Tuning, I'm probably use a Megasquirt box

Judging from this shot of the Apex where you can see a bit of the rear sub that's hidden under her skirt there should be quite a bit of room for any plumbing you need to do on the 2.7t, especially in front above the engine. The 2.7 might even fit in the stock with the intercoolers and all.

There are vents on each side where there used to be quarter windows too. That's where I plan on putting my air intakes to run into a filter box.

Looking at the Apex pic I'd venture a guess that the side openings on the quarter panels are roughly 3" x 24" which would be 72 square inches.

Stock S4 intercooler core is 57.375 sq in
Stock RS4 intercooler core is 65 sq in
AWE aftermarket intercooler core is 72.25 sq in

I don't think the size of the openings is an issue, just will need to build a shroud to properly channel the air flow into them.

Attachments

• B5RS4engine.jpg
    B5RS4engine.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 499
  • 10247214_804183569611928_7068405541347565243_n.jpg
    10247214_804183569611928_7068405541347565243_n.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 553
Fran,

I'm not familiar with the Superlite Fuel tanks. With the tank included in the Apex, if you're running an 450lph with 1000cc injectors is a surge tank recommended?

Surge tanks are required for hi G cornering to maintain fuel pressure, it has nothing to do with power or fuel flow....so I would install one as you are not going to be just heading to DQ for ice cream in the Apex

Surge tanks are required for hi G cornering to maintain fuel pressure, it has nothing to do with power or fuel flow....so I would install one as you are not going to be just heading to DQ for ice cream in the Apex

Gotcha, I only threw in the flow numbers cause I figured with high flow pump and injectors the effect of the pump going dry momentarily could be exasperated but sounds like a loss a fuel pressure is a loss of fuel pressure and tank baffling is inadequate for our purposes. Question answered Thank You!!

I'm just waiting patiently:huh: for more pics and footage of the car and I'll make a payment. I guess until SEMA happens that's just wishful thinking. I wish I had complete faith in the APEX so at least I could buy an eclipse and start working on the interior and undercarriage or something. Maybe fabricate a carbon dash /center console etc.

I'm just waiting patiently:huh: for more pics and footage of the car and I'll make a payment. I guess until SEMA happens that's just wishful thinking. I wish I had complete faith in the APEX so at least I could buy an eclipse and start working on the interior and undercarriage or something. Maybe fabricate a carbon dash /center console etc.
I'd recommend a factory visit - I'd certainly want to see the car in the flesh before committing, and I believe that there are some to see. It's also a lot easier to deal remotely with people that you've met. Besides, it's always nice to tour the sweet shop :)

Looks like someone else has the same concept as the GTA, but it seems it's lacking the fit and finish, handling and seems to cost a bit more.

smythcars

Though, I would say that a 40mpg daily driven sports car (using diesel) would be nice and should be very doable.

Looks like someone else has the same concept as the GTA, but it seems it's lacking the fit and finish, handling and seems to cost a bit more.

smythcars

Though, I would say that a 40mpg daily driven sports car (using diesel) would be nice and should be very doable.

Fit and finish look horrible. You would think that a company would make sure that everything looks nice before posting pictures. Also don't really see any bracing for the chassis after they made it a convertible.

smythcars

This kit car is built by the brother of FFR owner Dave Smith. I'm not really sure why he sold FFR to Dave (or his share, or whatever...), but this project has been around for at least a few years now. It's an abomination, much like the 818. And from my understanding, the project was on again/off again quite a bit the last couple years.

Anyways, it's nowhere near what the Apex will be. The Smyth is the "old way"-of-thinking kit car... A heinously bad body kit on a chopped up VW.

Anyways, it's nowhere near what the Apex will be. The Smyth is the "old way"-of-thinking kit car... A heinously bad body kit on a chopped up VW.
It looks dangerous - cutting the B-pillars part-way up and then having a single flimsy (and low) triangulation across the door doesn't inspire confidence. They then throw big power numbers around. Something for Halloween.

If anyone is interested Martin Motorsports has changed its plans in the building of an Apex and the '97 Eclipse they were using is available. Contact them through their website.

Back