Superlite GTA

Really and truly, Fran will do this. If he's not going to do it he'll tell you, a lack of pictures or information means SFA ;)

I'm wracking my brain on that abbreviation.

Stay F'n Around?
Something Fully Awesome?
Sex For All?
Silly Fun Auto?
Somewhere Finality Appears?
Stand Fast, Asshole?

JR

I contacted Martin Motorsports about the status of their beta build. They responded, "We are currently awaiting a business decision before moving forward with the APEX." I have absolutely no doubt that the Apex will make it to market but I'm not sure what to make of that response. I would rather Fran would take his time and make it perfect. It would be nice if he threw some teasers at us every once in a while though

"We are currently awaiting a business decision before moving forward with the APEX."

theirs decision or Superlites decision? thats the question. i have been waiting for this car and waiting. i still hope it comes but i started look at the 818 and seeing if they are going to make a coupe. the apex is my first choice for my first kit car build. not a fan of the looks of the 818.

I decided to buy another M3. I can't just stay in limbo for years and have zero responses from the decision-makers in months.

Good luck all and I hope it turns out great!

Mr. Wolfe

I decided to buy another M3. I can't just stay in limbo for years and have zero responses from the decision-makers in months.

Good luck all and I hope it turns out great!

Mr. Wolfe

Yea, I had a buyer for my cobra lined up over the winter and was on the fence. I was on the fence: sell vs keep/upgrade & enjoy. Now that its warming up here in IL, I have decided to keep the cobra and have fun with it.

Still watching the GTA discussion with great interest, but my window of opportunity has passed. ... at least for a while.

Yea, I had a buyer for my cobra lined up over the winter and was on the fence. I was on the fence: sell vs keep/upgrade & enjoy. Now that its warming up here in IL, I have decided to keep the cobra and have fun with it.

Still watching the GTA discussion with great interest, but my window of opportunity has passed. ... at least for a while.

Yeah, there is most certainly a chance I will be back. It's just not going to be my next project.

Mr. Wolfe

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
does anyone know of this car? DDR Motorsport
i really don't like the 818

That's a great looking car, but I'd be weary. Florida has a well established bad reputation for kit car companies that take your money and don't actually deliver anything. Classic Motor Carriages, Street Beasts, etc.

That's a great looking car, but I'd be weary. Florida has a well established bad reputation for kit car companies that take your money and don't actually deliver anything. Classic Motor Carriages, Street Beasts, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. There are not many option besides the 818 or (maybe) the Apex to do a modern style and somewhat cheap kitcar. Sure I would love to do a GT40 but that a little out of my price range at this time. Also i want something that not just a Sunday drive. 818 & apex could be driven like a Porsche or corvette

This is just my opinion but most of these posts feel like you think Fran owes you something. While it would be fantastic to get more updates, he has a tremendous amount of things going on. If you've put down money, then maybe I could see some reason to be hostile in a post but if you haven't, maybe it's best to go hit a punching bag or have a beer to get your frustration out. You could also pick up the phone and call him or even better, go visit the factory and see it for yourself. Fran is extremely accomodating for such a busy guy but if you think bashing him on a forum to get what you want is the solution, you're wrong. I've bought two cars from him and while things can always go faster, he is an extremely hard working guy busting his butt so we can enjoy some amazing cars at extremely good prices.

Pat nailed it. If you're close enough and have the time, visit the factory. I bought the first Razor, sight unseen (meh.... I saw some concept body work, but it wasn't production). That car put more smiles on my face than ALL the cars and rock crawlers put together. His engineering and build quality is second to NONE!!!! The Apex had some major frame changes last year, and I know Fran wants to put out an amazing car that first time builders can build in a reasonable amount of time.

This car is definitely a car that will compete in the likes of the FFR GTM since the SLC compares from a 458 to an Enzo (first two cars that came up). Except it will be better in many ways than the GTM (if not all?).

Another point: We saw the Camaro for years before that finally came out. And THAT car is from a multi-billion dollar giant. If Fran rushes the Apex, it'll lead to build times like the GTM (2000+ hours) or generic construction like the 818.

Don't fret. The Apex is coming. Grab a beer, sit back, and save a few more pennies that day to put into the Apex for a bigger turbo, nicer interior, oem quality paint job, etc.

Back