Superlite GTA

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Just keeping you all interested I hope......wink

There is a ton of media interest in this car as it has potential to be EV, Diesel, 4 cylinder etc etc ...and be a very inexpensive entry level project to bring the younger hands on crowd back to a car building approach , seemingly lost in modern times of internet and computer games.

Much like hotrodding of years gone by ...nothing is more valuable than hands on experience and learning new skills...

Looks awesome!! I love how the points on the front fenders are above the headlights. Can't wait to see the subframe bits but definitely got my apex fix for awhile!!!

Just keeping you all interested I hope......wink

There is a ton of media interest in this car as it has potential to be EV, Diesel, 4 cylinder etc etc ...and be a very inexpensive entry level project to bring the younger hands on crowd back to a car building approach , seemingly lost in modern times of internet and computer games.

Much like hotrodding of years gone by ...nothing is more valuable than hands on experience and learning new skills...

Fran,
the Apex looks great. i cannot wait into next year when i pick up a used Gen 2 Eclipse to start my project. i look forward to seeing more and getting a better understanding of the work it will take to complete the car.

i am kind of interested in doing a EV project with the Apex. will Superlite have any suggestion or vendors recommendation for a EV project?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I actually have a complete EV drivetrain that's for sale....all brand new Warp 11 motor, Zila controller etc...

email me for more info if interested in it...

We had planned on attending as we have a deal with Weld wheels to unveil one of our truck prototypes with their new release wheels but they downsized their indoor booth and this truck is not small , I did not want to leave a new design outside so we declined for this year..
With some exciting new stuff in the works it may not be a bad thing...

Fran,
what kind of truck are we talking about? off road 4x4? or high performance street truck? (i would be interested in a street one that i could put the kids in the back seat, 4 door). after i buy the Apex first.

can anyone send me a link to this discussion? or pics, etc.

i have lost interested in commercial cars that are build in mass and cheap.

Well watching this thread from the beginning and seeing the way the apex pics looks is amazing. I think RCR did a great job with this project. I especially like how this car will have purpose and can be used on the track for fun times as well. I'am looking forward to more pics of suspension and engine setup. :thumbsup: Nice work :thumbsup:

As far as the suspension and chassis pics go, I imagine that the magazines need to release it first. Then Fran will take more pics as requested.

Secondly, the diesel Fran is referring to is a VW TDi. TDi diesels can be built up to 250hp and 500 lbs of torque. So a 40+mpg car that does 0-60 in sub 5 seconds. I don't see how a Cummins 4bt would fit. I've helped with a 4bt swap (Jeep LJ) and that thing is MASSIVE!!!! (...and INSANELY HEAVY!!!!)

Lastly, the truck is mid-engine based, as Fran stated earlier. The black truck shown in the thread above is different (front engine based, I presume...).

Corvette's Jetstream Blue

30106d1334237110-want-some-paint-ideas-my-car-suggestions-please-z06vette.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

Hmmm no front hatch. I was hoping to at least put the radiator, battery and master's up front...assuming thats not going to be possible.

Interested to hear what the final weight distribution front to back is on the completed car. I've heard stock is 59/41.

Back