Superlite GTA

Btw this is on street tire with pump gaz and water/meth injection. For those interested here's the mod list:

Engine

Wiseco 1400HD pistons

Manley Rods

ACL race bearings

Kiggly main girdle

Felpro permatorque head gasket

A11 head studs

ARP manifold stainless stud kit

Ported polished head

BC springs and retainers

HKS 272 cams

Ferrera valves

Gates timing belt

All new timing components

Saturn alternator relocated

Lightweight battery

Rewired with new loom/labels

Aluminum rad, with slim fans

JMFab coolant catch can

JMFab oil catch can

Remote oil filter

Upgraded oil cooler

All lines have been replaced with braided AN lines

Induction

Forcedperformance 3586HTA

JMFab tial vband manifold

3” downpipe/exhaust

Magnus race manifold

FFTEC 3” throttle body with ISC adapter

ETS race intercooler with 3” intercooler piping

Tial 50mm BOV

Tial 44mm waste gate

Fuel/Electronics

FIC 2150cc injectors

JMFab 7 gallon fuel cell

Dual bosch 044 pumps / pre filters / y-block, braided -10 feed/-8 return

AEM wideband

AEM meth flow gauge

AEM tru boost

Alcohol injection kit

ECMLink converted to speed density with 5bar map and GM IAT

Magnus fuel rail

Aeromotive AFPR

Dynatek ARC-2

Drivetrain

Evo3 gearset with double syncro 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

Welded center diff

4 bolt rear end

Tien superstreet adjustable coil overs

Dual piston brakes with brembo rotors and hawk HP pads

Jay racing active toe eliminator kit

Ingalls rear camber kit

Konig feathers with Kumho XS 245/45R17

**EDIT sorry Mr Wolf could have posted that in the donor thread....

Thanks for posting up the specs. Very helpful for me as I try to compile a list of everything I want for my engine build (including the smaller items that people don't always list).

My goal is 500 whp. I don't think that you'll ever need more hp but I think you'll learn to enjoy all 650 :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting up the specs. Very helpful for me as I try to compile a list of everything I want for my engine build (including the smaller items that people don't always list).

My goal is 500 whp. I don't think that you'll ever need more hp but I think you'll learn to enjoy all 650 :thumbsup:

Good point about listing everything. I learned the hard way with my first build that all the little stuff adds up quickly and can bust a budget build to pieces in a hurry. The problem isn't needing more, it's getting used to what the power feels like then wanting more!

Not sure if anyone else knew about this but I used to think I was pretty slick for finding this gallery...

Superlite GTA :Florin Blebea

At the time I found it, it showed perspectives of the Apex that had not been previously posted on the forum. Also cool to see some of the other designs considered.

That's where I got the blueprints to start making a 3D version for visualizing different stuff. Pretty neat to see it go through the design process.

I think you are right about not ever needing more than 500 whp, and to be honest I think 400 whp will a handful. In my case, racelogic traction control will be mandatory to keep me alive :thumbsup: The nice thing about turbo cars is you can decide by a touch of a button (aem thru-boost) the car level of insanity.

I think you are right about not ever needing more than 500 whp, and to be honest I think 400 whp will a handful. In my case, racelogic traction control will be mandatory to keep me alive :thumbsup: The nice thing about turbo cars is you can decide by a touch of a button (aem thru-boost) the car level of insanity.

Check out the ProEFI, has traction control and true flex fuel. I'm going to use that to be able to have it set on kill mode on e85 then when going on trips or if I can't find e85 just put pump in and the ProEFI will adjust the tune on the fly. The v2 also has a 4" screen to display up to 4 different gauges at once and you can move them around to different screens to personalize it.

Check out the ProEFI, has traction control and true flex fuel. I'm going to use that to be able to have it set on kill mode on e85 then when going on trips or if I can't find e85 just put pump in and the ProEFI will adjust the tune on the fly. The v2 also has a 4" screen to display up to 4 different gauges at once and you can move them around to different screens to personalize it.
That flex fuel thing seems awesome. Any idea on cost? Roughly 3k?
What about the traction control?

That flex fuel thing seems awesome. Any idea on cost? Roughly 3k?
What about the traction control?

I'm not sure about cost, I'm not sure about how the traction control works either, there is a video of a 800rwhp supra at 25psi no traction control launching on the street and he just lights the tires up, then he sets the boost at 30psi and with traction control on the car kit takes off. There are chirp marks from the traction control coming off/on as the car tries putting all 800whp to the ground. I honestly think it will bridge the gap between the TT lambos and single turbo supras at the tx2k events since the supras still spin even when roll racing starting at 60-80mph...

I'm not sure about cost, I'm not sure about how the traction control works either, there is a video of a 800rwhp supra at 25psi no traction control launching on the street and he just lights the tires up, then he sets the boost at 30psi and with traction control on the car kit takes off. There are chirp marks from the traction control coming off/on as the car tries putting all 800whp to the ground. I honestly think it will bridge the gap between the TT lambos and single turbo supras at the tx2k events since the supras still spin even when roll racing starting at 60-80mph...
Yeah, I've seen the traction control video and the flex fuel video. Really cool stuff. Not sure I have enough budgeted for both though. I think that the flex fuel and traction control total roughly 4-5k

Yeah, I've seen the traction control video and the flex fuel video. Really cool stuff. Not sure I have enough budgeted for both though. I think that the flex fuel and traction control total roughly 4-5k

Is it two seperate systems? I thought since the ProEFI is a management system that it controlled both. If it does cost 4k I honestly think that's a good price for the functions on it. I mean on the fly tune adjustment based off the E85% is awesome if it's going to be a car you plan to drive a lot. I've had low mile cars but I always hated driving it and never took it on long trips. I want an apex that I can drive across the country if I feel like it and having the tune adjust without touching a bottom or even having to shut the car down is awesome.

Is it two seperate systems? I thought since the ProEFI is a management system that it controlled both. If it does cost 4k I honestly think that's a good price for the functions on it. I mean on the fly tune adjustment based off the E85% is awesome if it's going to be a car you plan to drive a lot. I've had low mile cars but I always hated driving it and never took it on long trips. I want an apex that I can drive across the country if I feel like it and having the tune adjust without touching a bottom or even having to shut the car down is awesome.
I found a cost breakdown for just the flex fuel on a mustang forum. The total came to $4600 and he said he could add the traction control later so I assume they use the same ecu/software but require a diff sensor, etc. If you can't already tell, I know nothing about electronics/software not to mention there's not a whole lot of real world info out on the systems.

I guess my estimate of 4-5k is on the low side though. I think even if it's 5-6k it's still a great value but I feel the need to stick to a rigid budget. The extra 5-6k would put me way over. I'd probably first wait to see if I can make my goal of 500whp on pump gas and what kind of acceleration I can achieve without traction control.

Last edited:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Check it out - the Apex is featured on page 10 of the Dec 13 Kit Car Builder mag.

While you're browsing the mag, also check out my Cobra on page 37 :)

Check it out - the Apex is featured on page 10 of the Dec 13 Kit Car Builder mag.

While you're browsing the mag, also check out my Cobra on page 37 :)

Haven't had a chance to look...assuming this does not include the photo shoot pics....otherwise wondering why they haven't been posted anywhere.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I have a subscription and just got it in the mail. I don't know if it's out in stores yet. Barnes & Noble carries it.

Back