Superlite GTA

Photoshopped color scheme and curved rear window for the dreamers.

A little better, but in my opinion, the rear window is still the weak link in the design. The shape just doesn't coincide with the over all flavor of the car and that's a shame. I suspect that this would be a turn off to many potential buyers.....that is of course “IF” the car ever comes to production. :laugh:
Jim

Jim your disdain from Fran is quite apparent but do you need to pollute every thread with it. Move on my friend as it becomes quite tedious.

Jim your disdain from Fran is quite apparent but do you need to pollute every thread with it. Move on my friend as it becomes quite tedious.

Tim, my “disdain” or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with expressing an opinion on a design that I believe is very imaginative and appealing except for the rear window. As I stated; in my opinion, the shape of the rear window just doesn't coincide with the over all flavor (creativity) of the car.....and that's a shame!

Do I believe that the car will come to production? No, not in the near future. Right or wrong, those are my opinions and adds to the discussion that forums like this are all about.

Tim, I'm disappointed that you feel that expression of a contrary opinion is pollution.
Jim

I can tell you all that the pictures are deceiving...the window actually has quite a lot of profile to it....2D pics just don't show this obviously.

You cannot actually see the profile/shape of the window from the perspective the images show unless you happen to be between 9 and 10 feet tall.
The C pillar is much taller in side profile that the photoshop reflects and there is plenty of curvature to the rear window.

The wait is nearly over fellas...

Do I believe that the car will come to production? No, not in the near future. Right or wrong, those are my opinions and adds to the discussion that forums like this are all about.

You might want to look into RCRs track record (and track records) on being able to produce cars before you giant type your "opinions".

You might want to look into RCRs track record (and track records) on being able to produce cars before you giant type your "opinions".

You might want to consider that Jim owns/has owned an RCR car before... I'm not sure what your credentials are but I don't think you get to dictate what does and doesn't get said in this thread, Jim is entitled to his opinion as much as the next guy, well actually maybe more entitled.

A lot could be said for the rest of the comments in this thread so I think Jim's should be the least of your worries.

Last edited:
THIS is all that matters, guys.

Fact... Like others said, there is a reason why Fran doesn't rush any project. Can't rush perfection!! We all know what happens when projects are rushed, the 818 is a good example. The apex doesn't have a kit car look unlike most if not all kit cars built off of another platform. The 818 looks and probably feels cheap, superlite is the best in the business for a reason.

---Quote (Originally by Ketzer)---
You might want to look into RCRs track record (and track records) on being able to produce cars before you *giant* type your "opinions".
---End Quote---
<Quote Originally by Benji>
You might want to consider that Jim owns/has owned an RCR car before... I'm not sure what your credentials are but I don't think you get to dictate what does and doesn't get said in this thread,
Jim is entitled to his opinion as much as the next guy, well actually maybe more entitled.

A lot could be send for the rest of the comments in this thread so I think Jim's should be the least of your worries.

Is anyone else wondering what happened to Benji's post? It appears to have mystiously vaporized into thin cyber air. That seems to happen a lot around here :huh:
Jim

P.S
Benji.... apparently someone does get to decide what does and doesn't get to be said in this thread!

In the RCR forum forum that I sponsor , and only that one I may add....If I feel that a post has no added value to a thread , excessively rude ,unhelpful, incorrect information that may be harmful or unsafe to others, thread drift .... then it may be removed, its actually still there for other moderators to see and if they disagree then it can be reinstated.
It doesn't happen very often but people that have an axe to grind may get a warning that their posts may be removed by PM first.

Its a plain and simple process ...the GT40 Forum as a whole is one of the best forums I visit online for the wealth of knowledge, decent behavior and the noise to contact ratio is good and that's the way its should stay......the paddock gets a pass here..:lipsrsealed:

Now back to the Apex...its on its way guys,gals and the rest of you.

Last edited:
Its a plain and simple process ...the GT40 Forum as a whole is one of the best forums I visit online for the wealth of knowledge, decent behavior and the noise to contact ratio is good and that's the way its should stay......the paddock gets a pass here..:lipsrsealed:

I also frequent a few other car frums, and agree 100% with Fran's perspective on this. I don't appreciate the negativity and juvenile tone that is common to most other online forums. I am here to learn from folks who are at the cutting edge of DIY performance car building, fabrication and design. ...Don't need or appreciate the drama.

Keep up the good work, Fran!

I do apologize for my part in feeding the troll. I took the bait and responded, shame on me. Fran is more than capable of defending/regulating his forum.

Can't wait to see more spy shots! Especially ones that accidentally show other projects in the works!

Jeff-

WOW! It took me a quite a few hours to read through all 88 pages. This includes all the rabbit holes I went down, 4G63, LS4, etc, etc, etc. Fabulous reading!

I have to say there is no comparison in styling to the 818. The Apex is a winner. I think it would be even better with a wing on the back done similarly to the SL-C.

I love building things. I have for years been wanting to build a kit plane. But now, I think my first form of kit transportation will be the Apex. It might just be faster than most kit planes too!

I'll be watching as the Apex gets released and the first batch of builders starts up. I could very well be in a position to buy the kit by the end of the year.

Now, to convince my wife to let me build one! :)

On question I had that I didn't already have answered after reading all the posts is, what is the best location to mount a front license plate on the Apex? Would it interfere too much with cooling as a DD (with the occasional short max throttle burst) if it was dead center of the main opening in the front? It would look the best there. On the track, I'd just remove it of course.

I know I could just leave it off and do the fix-it ticket route, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Ok, I figured it out. A thermostatically controlled system that retracts the license plate up and out of the way, with three position rocker switch - down, auto and up. Should work and at least "look" legally mounted. Just hoping there's enough depth in the center air intake of the Apex to allow a plate to be fully retracted upwards. ;)

Thanks. I've been lurking off and on for a while. I've got the SCL In my sights for later, but the Apex will due to get me started. :)

Back