Superlite GTA

Justin...absolutely NO idea as the only engines we will be supporting form the factory will be the OEM 4g63 and the OEM LS4 packages....as I have said many times in this thread ..anything else is upto the customer to make or break it..

Justin...absolutely NO idea as the only engines we will be supporting form the factory will be the OEM 4g63 and the OEM LS4 packages....as I have said many times in this thread ..anything else is upto the customer to make or break it..

Oh yea I know Fran, I am just thinking outloud with like minded people! I know doing this swap will call for engine/trans mounted to be custom done, I work for our family owned boiler/welding company so welding and fab work isnt my concern. I was thinking about the engine layout and space and how well the heat will vent out from the back so thats what lead me to ask.

The 4g63 drivetrain does not get rotated when lifted from front to rear...
Now I'm confused so time for a stupid question. Fran, Does this mean that the exhaust mani/turbo will be between the cabin and engine using the 4g63? Or between the rear and the engine?

It makes it sound like it will be between the cabin and engine. But I took your comment to mean the opposite for some reason.

Now I'm confused so time for a stupid question. Fran, Does this mean that the exhaust mani/turbo will be between the cabin and engine using the 4g63? Or between the rear and the engine?

It makes it sound like it will be between the cabin and engine. But I took your comment to mean the opposite for some reason.

It all comes down to what is the orientation in the OEM car. Is it toward the front of the car or the rear. Just picture yourself sliding it rearward in the same car it still faces the same direction

It's on the front of the engine on a DSM, so it will be between cabin and engine on the Apex.

Intake & I/C plumbing seem easier in that orientation and exhaust slightly longer/more bends.

It's on the front of the engine on a DSM, so it will be between cabin and engine on the Apex.

Intake & I/C plumbing seem easier in that orientation and exhaust slightly longer/more bends.
I knew it was on the front. Not quite sure why this discussion threw me for such a loop :huh:

That being said, ignore my earlier assanine comment as I was apparently, the only one to not know this... :laugh:
I'm so happy to read this that I won't even brag about being the only one who seemed to know this haha :lipsrsealed: this makes the exhaust routing and intercooler setup so much easier

Guys,
The 4g63 drivetrain does not get rotated when lifted from front to rear...

Right...so my comment about the turbo being up against the firewall is correct yes?

If you rotated the engine it would be at the rear of the car instead

opps...responded before seeing all the responses on the next page. dead horse.

Last edited:
I think this photo will give you a needed visual:

529505_3497372078374_1486514280_n.jpg

We talked about this 4G63 powered Fiero before. 4G63 should fit in Apex in a very similar manner. Only... Looks like access to the engine will be even more restricted than it is on the Fiero.

... Looks like access to the engine will be even more restricted than it is on the Fiero.

I think access is the key word here...not necessarily overall space. I agree I could see how this could be a b$%# to work on....have to wait for more pics including the engine bay though....surprised we haven't seen even one of those

fran...hint hint

have to wait for more pics including the engine bay though....surprised we haven't seen even one of those

fran...hint hint
The Charlotte auto fair is is less than a month away and Martin Motorsports is suppossed to have their Apex completed and on display there. If nothing else, hopefully they will have something to show.

I was hoping they'd be more active in their build page though...
https://www.martinmotorsports.com/index.php/hidden-projects/current-projects/66-apex-assembly.html

Sorry guys but Martin Motorsports WILL NOT be bringing the APEX to the Spring Charlotte Autofair. We will be bringing a SL-C.
Well that's disappointing. Apparently, there will be 6 SLCs there. Wouldn't have minded if there were only 5 SLCs and 1 Apex :D

Why the change of plans? Is the kit not ready? Any idea when you'll be completing your Apex?

Regardless, I look forward to seeing your SLC! Enjoy Charlotte!

Fran can you give out the dimensions of the engine bay? Will it be the size of the stock engine bay? I'm trying to figure out if I need to change my current setup of my car.

Here is my current engine bay

Also for those that question the power of the 4G63 motor, here is little video of my car at this years Tx2k14 event. 502hp on a completely stock block with a built head, GT35R, FIC2150's @ 30psi on e85. BTW don't pay attention to the bright colors, it's plastidip and was done on purpose to catch attention at the event. It is getting redipped a different color.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC9rlpBmfwA&feature=share&list=UUl0d5DrqPp8a_Sjgzt_KH6Q]Tx2k14 97 GSX dyno - YouTube[/ame]

Back