the best GT40 kit

Hi guys...
im new here...
What i want to know is im from the UK and what is the best GT40 kit to buy here in the UK...
I have seen a Tornado TS40..But i have tryed to phone GTD but i cant get trough or find there web site.
can you please help me here...
thanks...
plus what kit do you think is the best to buy many thanks for your help... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Try MDA on 01404 823980.

If you find better you can break my little finger off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you JP.. i have phone them and they was help full should be going down next week to see them.....
so do you guys think these are the best in the UK...

James,
Either MDA and Tornado are the two full time manufacturers.

If you are looking for a GTD, then Roy Smart is producing them and has been allowed to continue the chassis numbers. You could then get a body from Chris Melia. If you browse through the Parts for Sale section you will see the postings there. Were are you based, as if you want to have a look at one of Roy's chassis's I am in Essex by Lakeside shopping center, or if you want to chat you can mail me.

Brett

James,

I import a kit called the RF into the UK from Australia.

There are over 100 RF chassis now worldwide and they are of the highest quality.

Check out the RF part of this forum and give me a call on 01428 664276 if you would like more info. I am based at Thruxton, Hampshire.

See you.

Rick Chattell

Hi All,

Just thought I would nose in on this one since I went to visit MDA two weeks ago to get the SP on them. Looks like they have a reasonable setup/premises etc. I was impressed with the chassis additions (from the GTD design). Certainly looks stronger and more rigid. The guys I spoke to (can't remember his name!) knew his stuff and advised me on my spec for a GT40. I recommend a visit.

Hope my input helps.

Cheers

Hi James,

I'll bite off JP's finger if you find better than a MDA!

Ewwwww, maybe I'll just second his opinion.

MDA - The most advanced, best engineered replica in the world.

Chris
RCR

Dear James,

For Gods sake check out the RF before you make too hasty a decision!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James,
I suggest you listen to everyone and then go and visit. You may want to set certain criteria like: experience whilst driving a demonstrator, amount of support tech & sales, and detailed examples on the road?

Everyone will have their 0.02, just as I will, but it is only you who can make a decision at the end of the day.

Brett

You are absolutely right Brett and I would add to that list, number of chassis sold, delivery times, quality of build manual and completeness of kit (if applicable)

Rick

kk all i am taking all this in... im going to see MDA this week then im going to take a look at TS40..and any others about...and rick where abouts are you at so i can look at the RF....
regards
james

James I would visit MDA and hear first hand about Mark's 17 years in the kit car industry. His projects with Derek Bell. His Lola T70s, GT40 MKII's.

I suggest you call me on 0870 757 3353, and I'll put you right in the picture!!

Regards,

J.P

Hi James,

I am at Thruxton, Hampshire. You could also visit Tornado while you are down this way as you may as well see as much as possible.

I am on 01428 664276 - be happy to talk to you.

The RF delivery time is 16 weeks from moment of order. I don't know what Tornado are quoting, but worth asking the question. Manufacturers Delays Are annoying when you have shelled out your hard earned cash!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think James, you should go to the Goodwood track day and get a ride in the passenger seat to see which car you prefer. I'm sure JP in the MDA and other guys in Tornados and GTD's will be only too happy to demonstrate their particular make of car to you.

PS. don't forget to take a helmet and flame protective race suite, gloves.

Chris.

Thats always the best option.

The track day is going to be your best opportunity to see all the available GT40's.

And guess what?

The MDA is finished!

I'll go back and forth to MDA to drive it while it is being fully preped for the GT40 track day, you can all see it then.

Get a bib for your droole!!

Back