This is interesting, I'm wondering who made the body?

Screenshot_20230531_104623_Facebook.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Who made the body?

I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count.
Hint - look at the location and ask yourself who does business in that area…

Who made the body?

I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count.
Hint - look at the location and ask yourself who does business in that area…
Just was wondering since it was designed for a FFR Daytona chassis?

Here's a homebuilt Ferrari 250 GTO with a body that I built.

P1130650 - web.jpg

P1130652 - web.jpg

The molds still exist if anyone is interested in building one. It's 94.5" wheel base and body is 6" wider than original GTO. Mine is build on a custom tube spaceframe/chassis using C5 drivetrain (thus the extra body width). You could potentially use a shortened C5 chassis.

The plan is to bring this car out for it's first car show in a couple of weeks at the 24 Hours of Octane in Prescott, AZ.

Unlike the other bare body, my GTO is not up for sale. After spending quite a bit of time fabricating a custom tube chassis, putting a GTO body on a FFR Daytona chassis seems like a smart way to go

Bart Roberts

Supporter
Here's a homebuilt Ferrari 250 GTO with a body that I built.

View attachment 130248

View attachment 130249

The molds still exist if anyone is interested in building one. It's 94.5" wheel base and body is 6" wider than original GTO. Mine is build on a custom tube spaceframe/chassis using C5 drivetrain (thus the extra body width). You could potentially use a shortened C5 chassis.

The plan is to bring this car out for it's first car show in a couple of weeks at the 24 Hours of Octane in Prescott, AZ.

Unlike the other bare body, my GTO is not up for sale. After spending quite a bit of time fabricating a custom tube chassis, putting a GTO body on a FFR Daytona chassis seems like a smart way to go

Joel that's awesome!

Bart Roberts

Supporter

I don't have an opinion other than the previous post about likely made by someone local that is well know for one-off movie cars. Anyway, I considered it briefly but I don't need another project unless it could be a fairly easy build. With a one piece body with no jams or door inners it's just more than I want to take on right now. Fabricating jams, fabricating or finding a suitable door shell and then matching that to the "B" pilar to get the latch and seals to work out is just more than I'd want to jump on right now.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
There wasn't a Z chassis used in F v F

We used Cobras track cars which we lengthened the wheelbase on , due to time constraints.
We did the 250 and the 275 gtb bodies
We did these from scratch
Fran,

OK, to me it looked like the shell of a Z when the fiberglass came off. But then I am old, blind and stupid so.......;)

I have a VERY low mileage Ferrari FF V12 engine here that is waiting for a project just like this... if only I could buy a roller of the 250 ;)

Attachments

• 20220404_122047.jpg
    20220404_122047.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 92
Back