Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
C26B6C8C-EA71-465F-9B9C-F915D31FC6BB.jpeg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ooooooooh, lordy.
How much band width do we have to work with?
There are several things...none of which I'd care to put out on the net.
NONE OF THEM were immoral or illegal...just things I would rather have had the courage TO do.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
To the year 1966 but with the age of 20, then travel to LeMans to see it live.
Then work my ass off to earn enough money to buy an original GT40 when they are affordable.... by then I should be sufficiently adult to drive it....

Howard Jones

Supporter
Go to the Beatles concert that I passed on because I didn't want to go with the girl who invited me. Ok, give me a break I was 14 or 15 years old and she outweighed me by at least 200 pounds. I wouldn't have married the first wife. There's more but...............but never mind.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
To the year 1966 but with the age of 20, then travel to LeMans to see it live.
Then work my ass off to earn enough money to buy an original GT40 when they are affordable.... by then I should be sufficiently adult to drive it....

The sad truth is, unless one's fiscal realities (allowing for inflation) move markedly upward over time, what one cannot afford today will also be unaffordable tomorrow.

E.g.: I could have bought a buddy's absolutely 'MINT' 1970 Hemi/automatic 'Cuda for $24K in the mid-1970s...but, following the birth of our first daughter, I didn't dare spend the money at that time. TODAY that same car in that same condition is easily worth a couple of million dollars...and, trust me, although $24K would not be an insurmountable sum today, a couple of million WOULD!!!

IOW - it's all relative.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Travelling back in time has the advantage that I would know which 40 was cheap in which year and brings what money 30 years later....

And just for the sake of this thread let's not talk about space-time continuum or the Butterfly Effect... ;):mad:

Markus

I wouldn't change a thing.

I did my time in the service for many years with no regret. even Yugoslavia in '94. It made me who I am and where I stand for.

First wife learned me how I didn't want it to be, so I left.
Second wife, how I wanted it to be, and still with her for 20+ years.

Its all a learning curve, it shouldn't be easy. You have to earn it to be it or have it. I found everything worth fighting for and i still fight for everything.

Just live on, and enjoy every live lesson you learned.

Not much except drink a little less and do all the standard stuff like buy apple and Microsoft stock as fast as I could. 25 years would be far enough.

Going back to the past means going bak to your proper "expertises" of life so you will do again what you did ??????
Years after years you learn better and better what is best for you ; learning from your succcess and your mistakes .....
Redoing the travel am sure you will redo same road .......Unless you bring back your expertise ; but in this case life will appear
very "boring" as you will avoid all black side and will stay far from discovering day after day life enjoyements !!
So for what use a time machine ??

Eh, I think allowing yourself a decade or two to make adjustments isn’t too bad a fantasy. That limited time allows just tweaking your present a little but says you’re otherwise OK where you are. Going back to being a kid again? Heck no. I couldn’t stand to live through all of that again with my current knowledge.

The ONLY thing I would change is that I wish they had found my wifes cancer sooner so we would have had a chance at a little more time together. Forty five years together seems like a long time . It just was not enough . Dont feel sorry for me I have had a great life.

Back