Too Much Power

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Too Much Power"???

There's no such thing as too much power.
Too little traction can be a problem though. ;-)

I have to say that the above video is the first time I've ever seen a car pull a 'wheelie' on a dyno run!
I'd always assumed a car's front end was secured as well as the rear in these situations...'had never bothered to check...

Only a fool would run a car with that sort of power that wasn’t secured properly. Dangerous idiots abound it seems.

That's a good point, but I was more worried about exhaust fumes.
I was once in a shop that fired up a Panoz LM car, a 600-650 horsepower car with basically open headers off a Ford pushrod V8. It was DEAFENING. Idle was barely tolerable from 40 feet away, revving it was excruciating. As a wild ass guess, I'd say it was 140-150 dB in that dyno room. Also went to a monster truck show at Madison Square Garden. I think they probably run equivalent engines to the car in this video. In that giant space, a few hundred feet from the truck, I had to stick my fingers in my ears when they did their runs.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I saw these guys at the Avalon ballroom in 1967 or so. It was so loud that the WIND from the amps blew my hair back from 20 feet away!

Neil

Supporter
My wife Joline recorded the first fire-up of my car with the camera in her cell phone. The sound pressure was so high that it modulated the focal length of the camera lens. You can see the ripple in this video:

Back