Tornado_Mr A.S.!!

This is interesting. What is the lead time for a RF GT40 kit?

BTW - I completely understand the long lead times. Except for CAV, these are NOT production line cars.

Bill D

plus there is plenty you can be doing in the meantime, engines need to be built, transmissions sorted, wife placated etc.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I paid the deposit on my Turnkey DRB (GT40 Australia) in August 03. There were five cars ahead of me, so construction did not start for some weeks after. If you have a look at the builders forum you will see the progress so far. Am I pissed with the delay?
Not at all. Peter Ransom and his staff are doing a quality job and as I live not far from the factory, I check on progress and workmanship on a regular basis.I am much happier watching these guys taking time to create a thing of beauty, than I would be watching people doing a rush job
to make a deadline.

I did my research, asked my questions, I spent tireless hours on my quest!! I finally ordered a GT40 kit from Tornado a few weeks ago.

Did I find Andy to be a Mr. A.S., NO!! He seems to be a very honest and upfront business man!! I can't and don't understand all of his methods and the way he does his business. But, hey, he has been around a long time and that accounts for a lot.

Was I, can I, am I willing to wait 45 weeks on the car. You bet. Why get all bent out of shape and upset. God knows, that I am good at this, ask my wife and business partner (wife). As I am in the category of a S.O.B-O (stressed out business owner), I tend to get a little worked up and overbearing at time and Andy has answered everything in an honest and respectful manner!! Between the 20-30 emails and a phone call or two, I decided I would go with Tornado.

So, do your research and look at everybody that makes these cars. I think everyone of these guys has a wait list.

For me the wait is actually kind of blessing. It gives me a little more time to plan and save for maybe that 6-speed gearbox I would love to have, or to get Andy to do a little more work on the car for me, that I may not end up having the time to do myself, even though we own a garage!! God knows I get worked up enough with employess and customers and bills and on and on, you know!!

BTW, thanks to all the guys that answered questions and gave me comments on various items and cars during this search. There are a lot of great people on this forum and I do APPRECIATE all the assistance you guys gave me. To me this isn't just a forum, it is kind of like a cool little community of GT40 nuts and I am about to become a real part of this community. Hell, it may be 10-18 months before my car gets on the road. but, at least it is ordered, deposit is paid and I am 42-43 weeks away now!! Thanks to everyone and I hope this time flys by and my car is everything I anticipate it being!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hear their is a company in Nigeria who offer to deliver a GT40 anywhere in the world direct to your door within 21 Days, On reciept of the of the full purchase price transferred into the companies Anonymous Swiss bank account, not forgetting to mark the transaction as "gift" and acknowledging its un-refundable. Hows that sound??

Joe, can you exlain as to what in the He!! this has to do with this thread ?
I don't get it. I went back and reread this whole thread and I see nothing that would provoke this response.
The only thing I get out of this post is that there are people out there trying to get your money....and your point is...?

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hersh,

Pretty sure it was just meant as a joke, we've all heard of the ebay scams. I don't know the poster (so I'm not sticking up for him) but I don't read anything malicious into it.

Simon

Apologies, yes it was a joke, I get scam emails everyday,

They look for people who's expectations are not being catered for and offer them an alternative. A too good to be true alternative. That normally is a cover for money laundering.
The originals posters expectations seem to me to be too high, he may be unlucky enough to be propostioned.
I merely demonstrated what the alternative might look like.

Sorry Joe, you really had me there...I get it now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Just goes to show people read things differently.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back