Troy's 5 year Build

I am getting some little things done. I found and mounted my coolant overflow tank and also the oil catch can. Space is getting limited, that is for sure. I also mounted the radiator fans up front. I figured out my gas pedal as I am using a cable and had to come up with a bracket and crank arm situation. It took some doing, but here is what I came up with. I made it so I can have adjustments later for pedal stroke vs tb opening stroke. Now I am working on making my pedal base plate that can move via linear actuator. I have the actuator and figured out how I want it to work and ordered the alum for it.
blogger-image--136272272.jpg

blogger-image--804505853.jpg

Quick question on bolts. Sender and Axle.

1-Does anyone know what thread size the fuel sender at the top of the tank is? I need to get these and not sure on the size.

2- What size and pitch are the bolts that hold the axle on? Also, are there different sizes and threads for inner and outer?

Thanks
Troy

1- Fuel level sender bolts are #10x24 x 1" you might want to double check that as there have been several versions of the tanks through the years

2. I don't know if this is transaxle dependent or not but here's what I have for my G96.50: M10x1.50x55mm 8mm Allen socket head. Same bolts on both ends of the axle. You're gonna wanna torque these to 57ft/lbs believe it or not. These bolts have a tendency to loosen, there is some good discussion on how to secure them in Howard's build threat :laugh:.

Nice build Troy! How come you needed to fabricate that throttle bellcrank mechanism, Why not just a straight connection?

1- Fuel level sender bolts are #10x24 x 1" you might want to double check that as there have been several versions of the tanks through the years

2. I don't know if this is transaxle dependent or not but here's what I have for my G96.50: M10x1.50x55mm 8mm Allen socket head. Same bolts on both ends of the axle. You're gonna wanna torque these to 57ft/lbs believe it or not. These bolts have a tendency to loosen, there is some good discussion on how to secure them in Howard's build threat :laugh:.

Nice build Troy! How come you needed to fabricate that throttle bellcrank mechanism, Why not just a straight connection?

Thanks for the help Mark.
1- Good to know and test out as just ordered some from McMaster
2-Thanks. Just confirmed the size to make sure and looks good.
3-I thought about the straight connection and the arm that would stick out the side would go into the center alum area under the dash. I also am making my pedals move back and forth due to my own personal vertical limitations. I also did not want the cable to run right next to or on my feet with a bracket holding it in the possible way. I thought this up to make it move with the pedals and any position feel the same. I guess I can say it works, but if anyone else does it and just mounts the pedals solid the straight connection might be best.

Troy

Back