Turn signal switch

What is everyone using for a turn signal switch in their 40’s?

All I have is a shaft for a steering column so I have no where to mount a switch.

Curious what everyone has?

Attachments

• 41DD717F-60F5-4A7A-9E34-898A7287A20D.jpeg
    41DD717F-60F5-4A7A-9E34-898A7287A20D.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 439
Hi Steve, from your picture I noticed you mounted your parking brake. If fully installed, could you send me pictures so I can have an idea on how to install mine. Thank you

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Check my build site, look at the steering wheel. I'm in a spot as well. I would like a contact/brush of some sort to work with the quick rel steering wheel. A button I can hold down to ground a signal as ness. So far the easy fix is a self centering switch but at the same time have my right hand available for the shifter.

Hi Steve, from your picture I noticed you mounted your parking brake. If fully installed, could you send me pictures so I can have an idea on how to install mine. Thank you

Hi George, unfortunately it’s just sitting there. I have some ideas and I’ve fabricated a bracket but I’m not happy with it. I have to go back to the drawing board.

Check my build site, look at the steering wheel. I'm in a spot as well. I would like a contact/brush of some sort to work with the quick rel steering wheel. A button I can hold down to ground a signal as ness. So far the easy fix is a self centering switch but at the same time have my right hand available for the shifter.

Beautiful work. I’m an amateur doing my first build. I may just go with a toggle. It might be the best solution.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Sometimes a small bracket and short leaver is used on the top left side of the column at about 9 to 10:30 as not to get in the way on entry or exit.

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
I installed a turn signal kit on a 1931 Ford. I was very impressed with it. Something the Cobra bunch could use because it's a lot better than the VW & MG units.
I understand they installed them on early cars as the laws changed. The one I installed was made by the same company that made them in the '30s & 40s.

Cowl & Tail Light Turn Signal Kit http://www.mikes-afordable.com/product/A13310A.html

Bill Kearley

Supporter
That looks like the old standard, made by Signalstat, I think it's one word. Used in the heavy truck industry for a hundred years. It also incorporates the 4 ways and indicator.

If you are happy with the flip switch (that's what I used for years on my GTD)use Lucas 31743. It is the same type of switch they used for the left/off/right fuel pump switch control

[QUOTE = "Norcoastal, Beitrag: 531510, Mitglied: 27658"] Was verwendet jeder für einen Blinkerschalter in den 40ern?

Alles, was ich habe, ist eine Welle für eine Lenksäule, also habe ich keine Stelle, wo ich einen Schalter montieren kann.

Neugierig, was jeder hat? [/ QUOTE]
h ich habe benutz Schalter Einheit von Audi 80 model 89 da ist Alles was mann braucht und Zündschloss auch passt alles gut zusammen, ich kann dir bild schicken sorry, ich spreche nicht englisch george

[QUOTE = "Norcoastal, Beitrag: 531510, Mitglied: 27658"] Was verwendet jeder für einen Blinkerschalter in den 40ern?

Alles, was ich habe, ist eine Welle für eine Lenksäule, also habe ich keine Stelle, an der ich einen Schalter montieren kann.

Neugierig, was jeder hat? [/ QUOTE]
hi hie sin die Bilder

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 363