TV Appearance required...

Hi all -

I have been approached by a TV production company within the UK as they are planning a documentary about people with a passion for their car or hobby. That is someone who lives, sleeps and breathes cars - so if you fancy appearing on the programme, drop me an email or PM and I'll forward your details to them.

Whilst posted in the GTD Forum section, this is open to anyone in UK who is an out an out 'petrol-head' (my description, not theirs) so if you're an Enthusiast club member and are up for it, drop me a line...:thumbsup:
(just saves me posting in both sections)

Hi all -

I have been approached by a TV production company within the UK as they are planning a documentary about people with a passion for their car or hobby. That is someone who lives, sleeps and breathes cars - so if you fancy appearing on the programme, drop me an email or PM and I'll forward your details to them.

Whilst posted in the GTD Forum section, this is open to anyone in UK who is an out an out 'petrol-head' (my description, not theirs) so if you're an Enthusiast club member and are up for it, drop me a line...:thumbsup:
(just saves me posting in both sections)
Hi Paul,
My son does have all the requirements for the programme.Following the programme Ashes to Ashes he was contact to supply an article for the Audi Quattro that he rebuilt that now produces the same power that the Group B rally cars had.
Warm regards.
BJ

Hi Allan / Bob,

I'm not sure whether you need to or not. The brief I received was

"I am emailing from the TV production company Whizz Kid Entertainment and I am working on a series of documentaries and I am looking for people with great passions and hobbies. I am looking for a father/husband who is a car fanatic, maybe slightly obsessed with cars, and basically lives, breaths and sleeps them.

I was wandering If you can think of such a man or could help point me in the right direction? I would be very grateful for any assistance, and I am available on the number below if you think you may be able to help.

Kind Regards,

Cassie "

So - it does not exactly specify, or whether it needs to be a GT40 - I have presumed that is what they want but will enquire with her again to check. The only reason I have not directly posted her contact details is so she is not bombarded with spam... I'll mail her a link to this post as she may want to post directly here...[/font]

Last edited:
What Cassie doesn't say is that she is looking for a husband whose wife (or whatever you call them nowadays) and family isn't interested in cars.
She wants to explore how they manage the paradox.

Just been interviewed by Cassie. What they are looking for is conflict between the car fanatic and the family, ideally with heated arguments, "wife swop" TV in other words. As soon as I mentioned that my wife was happy with my passion and that the girls were car mad too she lost interest. If anyone wants my advice I would avoid this like the plague, unless you want your dirty laundry out for everyone to see.
Chris

MMmmmm - thanks for the heads-up Chris....

I think your advice is sound as the initial enquiry I was emailed gave no indication of this. It seemed a request for a genuine car enthusiast/car nut. If it is a case of airing family conflict then its not exactly what I would deem 'interesting viewing'....

Sorry folks....:thumbsdown:

Paul
Not your fault, sounded interesting and who wouldn't want to get on TV with their GT40 on show? I talked with her for some time before it became obvious what she was looking for. Now why couldn't it have been Top Gear or even Fifth gear? that would be worth the effort, and then the emphasis would be on the car, not the domestic dispute. Still you live and learn, and from the email how could you have known.
Chris

Back