Uk Newbee

Hi All

Just thought I'd say hello :)

I've been lusting after a 40 for a while now... and I'm afraid it's likely to be a little while before I get my hands on one.

Having got adicted to V8's with a TVR and having sold my beloved Griff after the arrival of my son I now have an itch, so I have signed up here to start my research.

I'm unlikely to be in the situation where I build my own... but if I did, which kits are available in the UK now? I cant find GTD on the interweb?

buying a built car... While I am keen that it looks like a GT40 I'm not too worried about it being a perfectly exact replica, so which are the best manufacturers to look at.. with a mind on quality and value for money?

Look forward to meeting some of you

Cheers Dan

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
GTD on the forum

If you will click on Forum when you log in, notice below the technical forum area there is one labeled GT40 Media Center and GT40 Clubs. The second section is specific to GTD 40 replicas.

As you become more familair with the forum, you'll notice that there is quite a large Brittish contingent on the forum. Most of us place information on our profile to indicate where we live, so look for that under the member's information you'll see on the left side of our posts.

There is also a GT40 Market Place section--I see UK GT40's listed there on a regular basis, the most recent of which is literally stunning. Check out this thread: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15823

It's a GTD, by the way--right up your alley!

As a relative newbie, I'd like to say welcome to the best automotive forum on the web. You will find that much of the information you will need is already in the forum--learn to use the search function and you will be overwhelmed with the amount of information you can get. One hint, though--don't limit your searches to the past year or so, go for 5 years when you use the search function. I found out early that much information came about during the early years of the forum that may not have been issues lately.

If you can't find information in the search function, post a question and the replies will flood in. This is the most helpful and least denigrating bunch of individuals I've encountered on the web--we're all a bunch of gear heads who are GT40 crazy, so you're in good company.

Doug

Thanks for the reply Doug... much appreciated.

That GTD does look very nice indeed... shame I'm not yet able to buy :(

One question I do have...

Having had a rumage around the forum there seem to be many more manufacturers of GT40 kits than I imagined.. GTD was the main one I had heard of until now... From a UK perspective do kit buyers stick to uk kits or do they get them shipped from the States or SA?. If its from the UK who currently produces the kits? I had a quick look in a kit car mag and the only one I could see was the tornado, but I haven't seen any referance to tornado cars on this site (quite possible that I have missed a huge chunk though).

Ok that was more that one question.. ooops

Cheers Dan

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Doug
Tornado is good and has been around a long time - seen numerous others come and go. Also Andy at Tornado is a great guy and willing to assist any 40'er - even sold me parts for the Dax

There are a number of excellent examples on the road

One in particular is Paul Waltons Black Beauty
His build is detailed here http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13216

Well worth a look

There are others available in the UK like MDA and Southern - again details are on this site for people doing their builds

Ian

Back