Ultima and SL-C

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd be surprised if a well-prepped SLC like J. Salmon's Dad's car couldn't get to under 2:00 with some development. Hitting 165 on the straights, which it apparently does now, is seriously fast, and I'm sure with some aero tweaking, lighter wheels, slicks and a fearless driver, it could lap consistently under the 2 minute mark.

It should be that way. We think the T70 is capable of 2:05 with the horsepower it has now and when driven well. And we only achieve 142 mph (GPS and Traqmate verified as all we're getting) on the back straight. I seriously doubt the SLC will need lighter wheels or aero tweaks to get near 2:00, probably all it needs is more driving and suspension setup.

"and very well specified for a track car"

Hey, I drove it to work this week.

Both of these cars went around the track faster than this. These were laps to allow us to learn the line.

Thanks for the compliments on the car.

It should be that way. We think the T70 is capable of 2:05 with the horsepower it has now and when driven well. And we only achieve 142 mph (GPS and Traqmate verified as all we're getting) on the back straight. I seriously doubt the SLC will need lighter wheels or aero tweaks to get near 2:00, probably all it needs is more driving and suspension setup.

So far, I think Dad is running consistent 2:09. But keep in mind, he's not at all concerned about lap times, and he tends to let it ride at about 140 at the top of 4th in the straights and enjoy the turns. It's still being sorted too. He is there this weekend with the new oil cooler on it. Last time the oil temp sender wire melted and the only thing the Digidash would show was a oil temp >300 warning. Victor of Viper was hitting 165 on the front straight. This should be a fun weekend, nice weather.

This winter the car is going to get the deep front splitter, fender vents, and better setup...

Cool to see this old thread! I've since updated the livery of the Ultima GTR. Itis no longer possible to "fly under the radar" in this car! Before it was difficult in all black, now totally impossible.
1671250074249.jpeg

1671249934897.jpeg

Attachments

• 1671250074790.jpeg
    1671250074790.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back