Wanted- GT40 body

I'm looking for a GT40 body in the US, preferably east coast. Does anyone have one? Is anyone willing to make one? If I can't find one in the US, I'll have to get one from Chris, but I'm trying to save what will be at least $1000 on shipping. Thanks in advance, Max Fischer

I'm in a similar position, I am looking for a body only. Has anyone been able to source a body only?

Grant

Hi All
I can supply GT40 MK1 bodies. They are colour impregnated and come with the deep single front nostril, the standard of fibre glass and finish is of the highest standard.
The price is £2500 $3975. plus shipping.
If you guys get together you could save $$$ on shipping costs.

Regards

Chris
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Chris,

That's an awesome price for someone needing a body. Would you like your info added to my GT40 CD? No charge for this and it might bring you some business.

Email me at [email protected]

Have fun!

John

Yes, please John
I will post some photos when I get my camera back from the repair shop.

Hi Bill

Yes, we will sell any body part. front clip £700 ($1092) rear clip £800 ($1250)
Nostrilsingle £80 ($125) plus shipping

Regards

Chris.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, you don't say how the bodies are made. Are they by chopper gun - hand laid, cloth versus matt, combination of both, How thick? More info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Guys, To all those requiring body and chassis. MDA offer body & chassis packages. We have had body moulds for four years. Our chassis is different to the GTD and the CAV though developed from 16years in the GT40 replica field. Further info at www.gt40uk.com website available after this weekend we are uploading this week. contacts
[email protected]

Mark Sibley
MDA

I have been to see the bodywork produced by Chris Melia and I can confirm that he has done a truely magnificant detailed quality job. The self colour jelcoat is also a very neat idea, particularly for those wishing to do track days and therefore minimise stone damage. All inner wheel arches are moulded in and he offers a full width nostril.

Hi all

Chris: Kind words, hope to see the new topless doors when you get your car finished.

Doug: yes I am at present building a new space frame chassis for my racer, and a guy that want's to do some competition work is already trying to make me sell it to him, with my nice new black lightweight Mk1 body.

I have the bodywork and yes will sell individual items as requested.
The bodies are lightweight in comparison, but are still very stiff and suitable for Road or Track use. I estimate a saving of around 100lbs in weight about the difference between a cast iron engine block and an alloy block.
Makes you think doesn't it

Regards

Chris

G

Hi Chris

What price for two cill panels? Light blue gel coat.

Malcolm

Back