who makes a complete kit?

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Doug

Thanks for posting the info. We do also supply engines, exhausts, wheels and tyres etc.

Brian

You have a pm

Thanks

Andy

Hi Paul,

I get what your saying and yeah I see that if you look at it like that it might seem like an unfair comparison. Thing is, we've now got the club permits in victoria so the car doesn't have to ADR compliant to get it in the roads.

Your car might be worth the extra 50 grand, but it's for stuff that's not needed on the club permit.

I could get the tornado, and with the money save I could buy the missus a new mx-5 and a slap up Chinese meal and be in her good books forever.

Now, you said that a ADR-stripped RF would be significantly cheaper, so have you got that as an option? Like, can you do a club permit special with a 302 for around 70 grand all up? It might be worth adding something like that to your catalogue.

Brian

Yes Brian we offer anything and everything in almost any combination you need. Gather up your info and come in to make sure you have a like for like comparison ie engine level, trans type, brake spec, wiring level, trim etc etc.

I agree our fully compliant kit for full reg is not what you are after. As such it is not a good cost basis for your particular comparison. It is however the most appropriate in Aus as most people are after full reg and we offer all the parts and kits needed to achieve this.

However the 90 day permit in Vic IS NOT a free ride relative to ADRs - we are in regular discussions with Vicroads under our VASS engineering guise and also as RF and they are still trying to determine appropriate definition of replicas, date of manufacture and ADR requirements for issuing permits. This scheme is not a free for all, the early idea of getting the guys from the car club to ok your race car for permit is evolving quickly and will likely now include some ADRs and safety requirements for replicas.

Regards Paul

is it still possible to put those GT40 kits on a classic "period" registration? say from the 60' ?
I ask because for example in the Netherlands, when you have a car before 1986 you don't have to pay road-tax and the insurance is way cheaper for a classic and you do not have to pay BPM/Co2 tax :D (wich could be around 45% in total) when you import the car.

Back