Allan's RCR40 Build

Allan, that is stunning. How do you ever manage to get out and walk away from it? They would have to drag me away, screaming. You must just want to drive and enjoy now.

Registered

Went for inspection on Tuesday and after 1.5 hour inspection they failed me for front alignment and uneven braking. Took my 40 to have it computer aligned and my garage alignment front toe was off 1/8. It dialed in nicely so I took it home, cleaned the rotors and rebled the whole system. Went back on Wednesday and they checked the alignment and brakes and this time it passed. Spent 2 hours at DMV waiting in line then waiting for them to figure out how to register it.
It was all worth it when I walked out with my new plates!

Hi Allan

Just saw the pics of your finished car.
It is just beautiful. Congratulations to this great result.
Love the way my flare design turned out with the 17"´s.
Thanks for using them

TOM

Congratulations!!!! You worked hard on this car and now you can enjoy it. I saw this car being built.Outstanding craftsmanship,well planned and executed,incredible attention to detail and RCR couldn't have done it any faster! Stunning paint work too. You've set the bar very high,my friend! Now just remember not to nail it when leaving the garage or you'll end up in the pond! A.J.

Thanks again everyone. Been driving around and fine tuning some things. Got its first best in show, first paint chip, first full tank of gas and nearly caused an accident from people staring at it instead of driving.

Do make room between your car and the "driving buddies" that want to ride along side. Fortunately you can make room with a flick of your foot! Great looking car.

RCR40 wins Best in Show at Limerock

Took the trip to Limerock and got the victory cup for Best in Show in the Shelby division. 2 "new" Ford GTs, 1 ERA GT40, a ton of cobras, and original Cobra and other Shelbies, and a Tornado in the division but RCR took the cup.

(Not all the cars in the pictures were in the division)

Attachments

• limerock show 012.jpg
    limerock show 012.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 485
  • limerock show 001.jpg
    limerock show 001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 430
  • limerock show 002.jpg
    limerock show 002.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 390
  • limerock show 006.jpg
    limerock show 006.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 430
  • limerock show 008.jpg
    limerock show 008.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 433
  • limerock show 004.jpg
    limerock show 004.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 398
  • limerock show 003.jpg
    limerock show 003.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 416
I was in class #23 "replicas" not the shelby division.

I did see your car on its trailer going through winsted this morning though.

Last edited:
Thanks Allen and Randy.
Very nice car Scott, was typing too fast there and didn't mean to list it in my division.

Updates

So since my last post I decided to make a change to my 40's intake. Decided to go with the Dynatek classic fuel injection system. It took some work getting it together and then getting it running well but now the increase in power is a little alarming. Now I just have some fine tuning of the fuel tables to do, especially in the upper rpm range. Here's some pictures:

Attachments

• GT 40 intake 007.jpg
    GT 40 intake 007.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 411
  • GT 40 intake 006.jpg
    GT 40 intake 006.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 438
  • GT 40 intake 008.jpg
    GT 40 intake 008.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 387
  • GT 40 intake 009.jpg
    GT 40 intake 009.jpg