F1 in 2014.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Yeah, Horner was doing everything possible to put a respectable face on it. I suppose Alonso to McLaren is even more a surprise given the past history.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Two big rain patterns, one well south and one just east, seem to be split on either side of Suzuka, with movement indicating we may actually see a race after all.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Very sad news about Jules Bianchi...
Especially more poignant to most of us here,
as i think he is related to Lucien, who won
Le Mans in 1968 in a Gulf GT40.

Keith

Trying not to post a spoiler but I was much amused by Lulu after the race, visibly fighting with his hair for almost 10 minutes after removing his helmet, trying to get his Mohican untangled and standing to attention.:gorgeous:

You really have to suffer for fashion if you're in the frame whereas, when you get to a certain age, you can shuffle around like Nikki Lauda and not give a fuck.

He (Lulu) did drive a blinder though, as did several others in extreme circumstances.

Thoughts are with the family of Jules Bianchi at the moment and although the early signs were positive, later reports suggest he's back in ICU...:worried:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A sad day for F1 with the news that Andrea De Chesaris was killed in a motorcycle accident.
Along with Jules Bianchi's crash very sad.

Hats off to the boys for keeping those squirming F1 cars on the black stuff. Sat in a chair watching F1 we are blissfully unaware of the forces imposed on them whilst driving. I thought the crash Jules had looked quite tame , obviously not the case. I hope he pulls through ok.

Bob

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
The only crash that was shown in the states was the first one (Sutil), which did look "tame". Sutil's crash brought out the yellow flag, pace car, and the crane. The Bianchi's crash (the second one at the same location a few minutes later) was evidently not caught on camera, and happened on (or near) the crane that was removing Sutil's car.

Last edited:
Terry I think your right, the televised crash was the previous car.Its no wonder the lad is in a bad way.

Jules-Bianchi.jpg

Attachments

• Jules-Bianchi.jpg
    Jules-Bianchi.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 247
I have seen a spectator video of the crash and he’s lucky to be alive let alone just in a bad way.

Even considering the JCB had Sutil’s car counter-weighting it, to move it up in the manner it did took a HUGE amount of energy.

Plus the rear counterweight virtually took the top off the car so my guess is that the cockpit surround did exactly what it was designed to do (except the FIA regulation probably does not insist the car is designed to hit a large immovable 3 ton object!

Most of all the video shows the strength of a current F1 car.

Thoughts are with you Jules. Get well, please.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes scary to watch, the impact lifted the rear of the tractor quite a bit.
I noticed the flaggie in the tower was waving a green flag. Wtf?

As the tractor began moving Sutil's car, the flagman went from a local yellow to waving the green flag a few moments before JCB's car went off. One lap later the safety car came out and the flagman could be seen then waving two yellow flags
indicating such.

As the tractor began moving Sutil's car, the flagman went from a local yellow to waving the green flag a few moments before JCB's car went off. One lap later the safety car came out and the flagman could be seen then waving two yellow flags
indicating such.

moments before JCB's car went off ??????

Jack, I can't find any reference to Bianchi having a middle name. You know something we don't?

Back