F1 in 2014.

What looked like a cracking race venue just never delivered the challenges needed to make an interesting race.The midfield provided most of the entertainment as per usual. LuLu and Rosey off into the distance as per. :thumbsdown:

bob

Pat

Supporter
Most boring race of the season award. Once again Lewis and Nico ignore each other after the race.

Agree, I wonder if Nico's reluctance to wear the Mercedes hat on the podium is to show off his Teutonic curls or a reflection for his enthusiasm for things at the team.

Seeing Bernie sitting right at home with Mr. Putin somehow had a certain symmetry to it though. I guess they could chat about ruthless dictator type stuff.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
My "sleepometer" registered a 6 our of 10 in that I woke back up midway, but enjoyed the rest of it UNTIL, I saw the punk thug on the podium acting like the smug party-crasher he is (Putin if anybody is confused), and then to listen to Hamilton go on and on about what a great place (country?) this (Russia) was. These alone was enough to detract from any pleasure in watching the race.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Vettel will start from pit lane in Austin. And not take any part in Quali. He has run out of power units. Yes I know about the 107% rule but that is at the discretion of the stewards and they will not invoke it.

Come on, how about some more silly season ideas for next year, will the the Spanish get a ride, and what will Eccles think up to " enhance" interest in F1, say 10th place gets 10 points, 1st gets 1 , that would liver it up a bit, who would want to win a race and who would just want points ?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I have an idea to liven things up. Change the rules to formula Libre.
Will Santander follow the Spaniard to wherever he ends up?

Howard Jones

Supporter
How about NA 3 liters, 11K rpm limit, no wings, 8 inch wide wheels.............never gonna happen but wouldn't it be fun to watch safe Lotus 49s, Eagles, Matra's and V12 Ferraris again.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
4 inch ground clearance
Have to. Drive over a block at end of pit lane each visit.

Note block needs to be at end of pits so you are able to drive in with a puncture.

But I like the 3.5 na idea, but would make it wider tyres on 15 inch rims but has to be street legal tyres, so it gives GT40 owners some options

Ian

Keith

Well, here we go, silly season stuff.

Alonso has signed a 150 million Euro 3 year deal with Honda, not McLaren.

Honda have bought out Ron Dennis 25% shareholding with the approval of the remaining shareholders. Bye bye Ron.

Gerhard Berger to run McLaren F1 team.....

Edit: I reckon this one has good strong legs!

Last edited:
Good one Keith, like it. Going back to my earlier crazy ( post 406 ) IF such an points idea was put into force, how would you see the teams play the system then ? would the drivers go for it or play team orders ?

Keith

Points being prizes, I.e. Championship? I admit that would be a challenging idea and you already see a sniff of it during race 2 in reverse grid events. However, "The Race for Tenth" doesn't quite have the same attraction as some of Eccy's more bizarre offerings - such as sprinklers, which is not as mad as you think.

However, there is a groundswell of opinion that WEC is going to become the more 'senior' of premium motorsports, and, if Jenson Button does move to Porsche in 2015 as is being rumoured, that would add credence to the idea.

But there again, it might be a deliberate rumour to try to force McLarens hand, although I think it a little late for that...

Keith

Thot plickens. Gerhart Berger has resigned as head of the FIA's Open Wheel division making him conveniently available for "other duties". However, as co-owner of STR, that could be one heck of a confict! In the meantime, Sam Michaels is going to be "spending more time with his family" in 2015 and Tim Goss and Jonathon Neale also look a bit shaky, possibly both with overgrown gardens.

That's one heck of a clear out, if true, of course.

Brucie must be turning over and over...:stunned:

Back