F1 in 2014.

Dire consequences for what appears to be a communication/marshal error. Heads will roll, no pun intended:thumbsdown:

Bob

JB lost control way before the green flag marshal post which was for the track after the incident , everyone states that double waved were well before the Sutil incident.

BTW terrible pun:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Keith

Indeed, green flag is for the sector following the incident, not the incident itself. It is also worth bearing in mind that JBi had already driven past the scene one lap previously under waved yellows and would have been visually aware of an ongoing situation.

He was also on worn inters at a time when JBn and Maldonado had pitted for full wets, so either he and/or the team were rolling the dice or were slow to react. Either way, it is a consequence of a motor race. JBi injuries have been described as as a result of massive deacceleration so it is a moot point whether the presence of a tractor, another car or the Armco would have made much of a difference, as long as there was regrettably some kind of solid object in his path.

Hopefully he will in time, make a full recovery.

On the plus side, Jean Todt reports better news for Schumacher, saying he thinks Michael will be able to function "quite normally".

[QUOTE

On the plus side, Jean Todt reports better news for Schumacher, saying he thinks Michael will be able to function "quite normally".[/QUOTE]

Schumacher, normal ???? :stunned::stunned::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

Keith

Comments made by Todt to French Radio Station RTL:

"Michael Schumacher still has "a long and hard road ahead of him," the F1 legend's friend Jean Todt said this week. On Tuesday, it was reported that the FIA president had told the Belgian (French?) broadcaster RTL after visiting Schumacher at home that the great German "can live a relatively normal life within a short period of time".

No, that's nonsense. The real news is that Team Hamilton will be formed and run in 2016, with the principle as lead driver ( with a subservient second driver ) The car is already being draughted by Adrian Newey, and will be the first closed cockpit F1 car under the new FIA regulations for driver safety. Engine is being developed by Suzuki, with direct competition to the Honda units that are already showing massive gains on current F1 engines !!

Keith

Yeah like it! Bring it on. Hooray for an extended silly season - makes it far more interesting...

As an aside, I fail to see how closed cockpits would have saved JBi's injury.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jean Todt knows as much about medicine as I do about running an F1 team. Zip. What I WOULD know is enough to hire someone who didn't talk about things he knew nothing about.

If Schumacher is better, I'm glad. I'll wait to hear it from someone who knows what they're doing. If he can lead a normal life, especially HIS normal life, it will be the cure of the century.

I hope Bianchi does well. All the caveats apply to him as well. Then again, didn't Massa get a fairly serious bang on the head, and he's still racing? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
will be the first closed cockpit F1 car under the new FIA regulations for driver safety.

Well if we can't see the driver, how about making it REALLY safe and letting them drive from the engineers room via remote? TV can show us Vettel in the simulator while a split screen shows the car? Certainly Bernie can figure how to make more money doing it that way....................

Attachments

• eyes.gif
    eyes.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 350
Back